Firefox 3 Final out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't download any addons. The servers might be really busy...
I would suggest the FireFox team to make a Peer 2 Peer downloader so that those who download the file would seed and the servers wouldn't lag that much. It would be a 200kbyte downloader and the user would download from the servers and other users.

You wont get any extensions today. Not with this big push and it only being on their servers legitly.

There are options like all the ones Gurusan and myself have posted for people to get it from. But sadly people want to pad their numbers...

You can make the incompartible addons to work :
type about:config
Right click --> create new boolean
Type "extensions.checkCompatibility" and set to false

Get Nightly Tester Tools. Even easier. Jsut force compatibility. ;)

NTT FTW! I have used them since FF2 was in early beta. ;)

I've got my download... just haven't installed it over the last RC yet.

The Firefox 3 attempt at the World Record for the most downloaded software in the first 24 hours after release was successful with more than 7.1 million downloads in that time not counting those users who updated the browser internally or downloaded it from third-party sources. It was not that surprising considering that there was nothing to beat than themselves in the first place.
Users can even download and print a Record certificate directly from the Spread Firefox website which certifies that they were part in the biggest one-click world record of all time. Only the name has to be entered which will later be seen on the printout.
The top ten countries to download Firefox 3 have been in that time:

• United States: 2.368 million (304 million people)
  • Germany: 0.502 million (82 million people)
  • Japan: 0.372 million (127 million people)
  • Spain: 0.261 million (45 million people)
  • United Kingdom: 0.258 million (60 million people)
  • France: 0.253 million (64 million people)
  • Italy: .0213 million (59 million people)
  • Iran: 0.207 million (71 million people)
  • Canada: 0.200 million (33 million people)
  • Poland: 0.176 million (38 million people)
The download count pretty much depends on the infrastructure and development of a country next to its population obviously. The country with the lowest downloads was probably Chad with 1 download.

The Firefox 3 Download World Record

Now the real question. How many were from unique IP's and how many were just multiple downloads to the same IP?

That will give you a real count of how many downloads it really got.

Mozilla hit the world record mark and then some when it logged 8 million Firefox 3 downloads in a single day. Unfortunately, the milestone was marred slightly when a critical flaw was found five hours after the new browser was launched.

Firefox 3 was downloaded 8,349,074 times between 2:16 p.m. ET Tuesday and 2:16 p.m. ET Wednesday—more Firefox downloads than the company has ever had in one day, according to a Mozilla Web site tracking the browser's first-day download process.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom