Finally!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who know me on these forums, im FINALLY upgrading my computer, piece by piece... it may be a slow process, but im going for the good stuff

I started out with 1gb of Corsair VS, an asus 7300LE, and a 80gb hdd, and not much else

just recently I got the OCZ Equalizer gaming mouse, and that got me deeply into gaming, and was given a 320gb Seagate for xmas, and other little odds and ends upgrades

then last night i had a tough decision: lcd, or a new video card

keyboard went out (im using my laptop atm) so i ordered the keyboard that goes to my mouse and an xfx 9800GT

WOOH! finally in with the big-boys hahaha

and im going for a job interview this friday at a local pc shop, so im really jazzed

I might be getting a 6000+ or a 6400+, else im upgrading to am3 because my motherboard only has pciexpress x16 1.0, not 2.0, so i got a bottleneck right there, but i can overclock my cpu to 2.2 pretty easy, 2.4 is a challenge, ive gotten it to 3.0, but I can never get the ram timings right

I currently have a standard AM2 board with the nForce 4 chipset, what I am thinking about doing, is next order I make is to get another 320gb hdd and raid 0 it to my current, and get a 640gb and have the dual 320 setup backup to the 640 every night if possible (to ensure data integrity if a drive is lost)

then after that, I need a charger for my dell laptop, then a battery for my gateway laptop, then I can go and upgrade the BlueDemon. Im looking at an Gigabyte AM2+ board, just get that, use all of my current parts (cpu/ram) and then eventually upgrade to the 7750 (my friend is doing a build for his gf's mom and ordered the 7750, so we will see how that compares), and sooner or later get liquid cooling.

Parts say shipped, currently they are in vernon, ca, so if they hit victorville by 5:30am, I will have my parts tomorrow when I get home from school, so expect pics.

I need the KB badly, had a real nasty game (loaded with laggers, couple tappers, a glitcher, and 2 hackers) and i kept dying from unknown locations (?) like under, or from a wall.... and took my keyboard and struck my monitor with it, and half the keys flew off... thank god i can touch type this is what my key layout is:

`12945xz8v0-=
q(up arrow)(page up)rkho3bp
e(down arrow)(right arrow)ftyjc6
gnt67um

i was in the middle of the game so i just grabbed all my keys put them back in the keyboard and continued with the game. at first I had x where shift goes and didnt even have a or q so i couldnt strafe left or peer around corners hahah... also didnt have r or f so i couldnt reload or swich to my primary weapon on the fly... it was brutal

thank god i have a new keyboard comin in

If you wanna do this right, you need to shoot for getting a phenom, either an X3 or X4.

Or you can wait for the X2's which are about to launch.

Not that easy to upgrade to phenom when his board is AM2 and probably don't support them.... I know mine only supports up to a 6000+ and was a rather popular board when AM2 was released...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom