Fedora Makes PS3 More Than a Toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
It goes to show that linux (an any other *nix you care to mention) an hey at least it putting the PS3 to good use finally.

The PS3 can fold by default. That puts it to better use than jsut game play. :p

You don't install Linux over it you install Linux "beside" it. You use Other OS Boot Loader so that you can choose between the two at startup.

Here's a page to install the newest openSuSE 11 on it: PS3 - openSuSE

a friend of mine back at circuit city did this with his ps3. We discussed the options of a larger hard drive with the two systems mirrored to one another.

he has one pc that all he does is fold, well, with the ps3 it went into some *cough* 'different' topics regarding blue ray disc being 'backed-up' to the hard drive. There is a lot of capability for linux users, it serves as an awesome pc now with HD and blu-ray play back XD

I still have a question regarding an OS on a PS3.

Why?

It's a matter of personal preference? I mean, the PS3 comes bundled with the latest high-end processor and graphics card specifically for games. Considering that with your high definition blu-ray player(which is slow, i'll admit) and you have maybe a 1000+ machine running linux for 600 dollars.

It's all personal preference, all a matter of who you are referring to and the fact that this is a tech forums might tell you why. It's fun, we can and the thing has space for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom