Favourite windows server monitoring tool?

reanne

Solid State Member
What's your favourite monitoring tool for your windows server?

I have just discovered Monitance and it's free for my home setup but I wanted to get some feedback before purchasing software for work. I am finding the Monitance very easy to use and very effective for home - has anybody tried Monitance or have any feedback on other software?

Thanks for the reply!

Nagios seems most similar to what I'm looking for but the features of Monitance are still much better - especially for the functionality you get with the free version.

i disagree that Monitance has better features. Nagios is The Industry Standard in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. It is the most powerful system that i've seen. It can be difficult to setup though.

I also dont like that Monitance is only offered as SaaS. You're relying on a third party to run the system. You're relying on both parties internet connections. I don't like sharing my config info with a 3rd party. Monitance truncs your logs after a month while using the free service.

Monitance also limit the number of servers you can monitor on the free version. Nagios does not.

Also, Nagios is open source. so i can change it if i wanted to. People have already made several forks of the software.

You raise some excellent points.

I guess for me the easy setup is a big plus but I understand the other important factors you have highlighted.

Thanks for the feedback, it has definitely helped!

We use ManageEngine Opmanager. Since 99% of our environment is virtualized in vmware we use the standard alerts that come with vmware as well.

This spring i'm hoping we implement vmware operations manager.

Back
Top Bottom