Fastest custom PC vs. fastest Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
the setup you posted there will be hard to beat but enless you really need that high of specs, you could go with an iMac or something. Apple should be coming out with their new "Mac Pro"(PowerMac) sometime soon though so you should definately wait to check that out IMO. go to compusa and try a mac, they have a nice "wow" factor that you can't really get with PCs IMO (maybe thats just cuz im used to PCs, who knows :-\)

edit: also http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

I've heared the BETA version has bad security flaws, but then again it's just a beta.

Apple's are great, because of their performance to cost factor.

The Mac Mini is the best Mac around, and never gets viruses. I can't wait till i can afford one :D

talldude123 said:
The Mac Mini is the best Mac around

Well, you get brownie points for trying :rolleyes: :p

Core Solo + Shared graphics + no monitor or keyboard or mouse = Not the best Mac around. :laughing:

The best Mac is going to cost somewhere in then neighborhood of 25 thousand dollars and it sure as heck doesn't have shared graphics :p

:) Glad to see a stubborn "PC" user finally come to his senses and be able to appreciate both!

This is an excellent day.

'course if he was being sarcastic, then I am just making a fool out of myself.

Macs are nice if you do video/photos and dont want to upgrade.

PCs are nice if you like to fiddle around and make them how you want them.

Because about 90% of comps in the world are PC they get much more attention, cost less and can be built to specialize (speed, gaming, etc)

markkleb said:
Macs are nice if you do video/photos and dont want to upgrade.

PCs are nice if you like to fiddle around and make them how you want them.

Because about 90% of comps in the world are PC they get much more attention, cost less and can be built to specialize (speed, gaming, etc)

Upgrading a Mac consists of "Buying a new one."
Upgrading a Dell consists of "Buying a new one."
Upgrading an HP consists of "Buying a new one."
Upgrading a Compaq consists of "Buying a new one."
Upgrading a Gateway consists of "Buying a new one."
Upgrading an Acer consists of "Buying a new one."
Upgrading a Toshiba consists of "Buying a new one."
Upgrading a Sony consists of "Buying a new one."

If you build your own PC then upgrading it is possible. But sorry, that 90% of computers that are PCs out there are not home build, so your statement doesn't hold true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom