Fast download, super slow upload

iLock

Solid State Member
I have been experiencing some slow upload speeds these past couple days. My download and upload speed averaged around 200+ Mbps and 100+ Mbps, currently my download stayed the same but my upload speed dropped to, on average, 0.35 Mbps. Any solution this problem?

Your ISP could be throttling you, depending on the traffic they're detecting you're using (i.e. P2P).

So I did some testing, using the same connection, I ran a test on my laptop again and it was working fine with about 40Mbps upload and about 20Mbps upload using wireless. I went back and tested my desktop, it still gave me a very slow upload speed, averaged .34 Mbps. Is there some configuration I can mess around in windows?

"TCP Optimizer" helped me with a similar issue.
You may give it a try to "mess around with some configuration in windows".
Also it has a option to create a backup of the current configuration settings in windows.
TCP Optimizer: speedguide
TCP Optimizer help: tcpoptimizer

So I did some testing, using the same connection, I ran a test on my laptop again and it was working fine with about 40Mbps upload and about 20Mbps upload using wireless. I went back and tested my desktop, it still gave me a very slow upload speed, averaged .34 Mbps. Is there some configuration I can mess around in windows?

Is your desktop wired?

Do you have a router / modem separate, or combined into one? If separate, and you're wired, try bypassing the router and plug directly into the modem and test to see if that helps or not.

I have been experiencing some slow upload speeds these past couple days. My download and upload speed averaged around 200+ Mbps and 100+ Mbps, currently my download stayed the same but my upload speed dropped to, on average, 0.35 Mbps. Any solution this problem?

Run yoru computer in safemode with networking. Run the speedtest. If the results are replicated as your corresponding comment, call your ISP. They could have their queue-trees jacked and it is causing an issue with your upload.

Back
Top Bottom