Family/Co-op 360 Games & Live Connection Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameTaken

In Runtime
I got a 360 on the 15th with Halo 3 and Bioshock. I am looking for some good games to play with my dad. We tried Halo Co-op but it's a little too advanced. I have Madden 08 on the Wii. I have the Orange Box and Call of Duty 4 on PC. I might get Call of Duty 4 for 360 if the price comes down, maybe that would be ok for him if there is a co-op mode or something. Maybe look at some Medal of Honor or something. Army of Two will probably be too confusing. Are there any good soccer games or something?

Also I want to get Live, I have a wireless connection in my house is the $100 wireless network adapter the only way I can get online or is there a cheaper option like a standard USB network adapter or something?

hmm what setting are you playing Halo 3 on? What is making it complex exactly?

Because, just got COD4 myself, to me COD4 is more a complex shooter then halo. Generally easier to die on COD4, in playing casual( not sure, one up from the easiest) and I've died a few times, it's more strategic, hiding behind cover loads, head shots, more hiding, etc. You cant run in shooting at all, enemies are hiding where you don't always expect, etc, etc.

Joeyboy, I can play Halo 3 fine but it's just not something a casual gamer. And yeah I just played through most of CoD4 on PC and it's the same.

on a side note TheEnd187, I'm pretty sure I got a Falcon (I have 175W power brick) so let's hope it doesn't turn into your avatar :p

If you are looking for games to play with your dad I would suggest Top Spin 2! It is actually a real fun family oriented tennis game, haha. It is real fun to play with friends/family.

I would suggest you try Halo 1 as well. Gears of War is fun co-op too!...

Um Call of Duty is way more advanced than Halo 3. But I think it is a better game...

Fifa 08 owns, but maybe a little advanced for your dad, ha.

On a rare occasion i agree with TheEnd, but this is one of them :p

Pro Evo 2008 > Fifa 08

You're in the same situation as me, i enjoy playing games with dad just because its funny. But the coordination in most FPS games is way to advanced, so we got PES2008. It is fantastic we have some right laughs on it, but be warned tempers get very bad. You will constantly 'Why the **** did he pass over there' 'O for **** sakes T. Henry how'd you miss from there' 'I swear this ****ing game is against me !'

But still very fun, the replay value is HUGE. When you win you wan't another game because winning is fun, and when you lose you want a rematch because you hate loseing.

Gears of war is pretty basic when it comes to fps games and has a pretty good coop mode.

Also, i would assume that whatever wireless you have has wired connections too. Just pick up a long cat5 cable and plug it up that way. At worst you just have to run a cable around when you wanna get online and just roll it up when done.

For only $9.42 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 100FT 350MHz UTP Cat5e RJ45 Network Cable - Gray | Cat5e Straight Cable

much cheaper than the wireless adapter, and you wont have the latency issues that come with wireless gaming.

The problem is I have kind of a complicated wireless network.

I have a Motorola Surfboard that hooks up to my internet cable. The Surfboard is hooked up to my Linksys WRTP54G router. One of these 2 is hooked up to my phones, I use VOIP from my ISP for my telephone. The Linksys router gives wireless around the house. All of this is downstairs, and my Xbox is upstairs, so a wired connection would be pretty difficult.

I play games on my PC which is on wireless from the router with full strength (5/5 bars, Excellent) according to windows. My ping is usually 80-100 so latency isn't bad really, it never gets choppy or anything.

So I'm wondering how I can get my Xbox online.

Just bought the wireless adapter and it won't connect! Grr. I typed the password correctly and put the MAC address in the filter correctly. Don't know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom