Extra Extra - Read All About It!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple Passes Microsoft… in Vulnerability Reports

Now this is a category that Microsoft is probably happy to let Apple overtake them. A mid-year report shows that Apple and open-source content management system Joomla have passed Microsoft in disclosed vulnerabilities. Maybe Apple's preoccupation with secrecy is catching up with them as hackers turn their baleful eyes on OSX and Safari.

Final results were close, according to the IBM X-Force 2008 mid-year report, with Apple achieving vulnerability disclosure score of 3.2 percent, followed by Joomla with 2.7 percent and Microsoft at 2.5 percent. IBM remained in fourth spot, followed by Sun, a newcomer to the top five, while Oracle and Cisco fell from their former positions to sixth and seventh respectively.

lol you might but nope, we talk about this crap all the time. I like OSX but never bought into the marketing bull OSX just like ANY OS is susceptible to infections an attack.

No war. As i said to Chris when i pointed him to this article earlier,

Apple brought this on themselves. They declared to the world that they are secure and not vulnerable to any attacks. At first this was true cause the hacler world stayed away from Macs cause they ran on PowerPC's. When they switched to intel and it was much easier for them to mess with OSX on a PC they went after it.

After all the years of Apple claiming to be perfect they are being shown that bragging will get you into serious trouble.

Apple's marketing did this. With all their ads about how bad Windows is. Now the hackers are starting to show that Windows isnt as bad as Apple makes them out to be cause even OS X is as vunerable. But accordign to this. It is worse now. Take that Steve!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom