Experience on Dual-Boot

Secret_Society

Solid State Member
Hello Tech Forums. I have probably the most stupid question ever, but Google and common sense did not do the trick on this matter :sick: So i would like your point of view and tips in this matter.

So I am very much interested in installing Linux on Dual-Boot next to my Windows 7.
Lets say Windows 7 is located on my C:drive which is nearly being full (12gb) left to spend. I also have a (D:drive) and (F:drive) and they have all the movies,games,music etc on them and they have plenty of space somewhat (200gb). So is it possible to install Linux on lets say D or F drive or would it make things a mess? I've read something of shrinking the volume, but how does that actually play out.

This might be common sense to most of you, but bare with me. :angel:

Thanks a thousand. Looks very promising and answered my questions!
I was surprised how easy it was to use EasyBCD, you have made my day.

Last edited:
Thanks a thousand. Looks very promising and answered my questions!
I was surprised how easy it was to use EasyBCD, you have made my day.
No Problem.

Years ago, when I was looking to dual-boot Win7 & XP (from the same hard drive), I read a post on a forum somewhere (god knows where), and somebody mentioned it. I haven't used it in 2+ years, but it looks like they're still kicking.

They have professional/business licenses too it looks like, but I kind of don't like how they make you register to get the free non-commercial version now. Whatever, it's their software. :p

Actually you dont have to register to get the download. Click the Register button and the next age the download link is already active. All you have to do is click it without entering any information. ;)

I know EasyBCD well. I have been with NeoSmart and that site since about 6 months after it opened. I know Computer Guru who created it from a long time ago. Almost as long as it has been since I have been on here.

I know I have linked to it and suggested it many times in the past.

Managed to screw things up, I had installed and configured everything wrong so I ended up with only Kali Linux in the end, but perhaps this time with new clean installs and formated drives it should work out. Just wanted to thank everyone for the answers.

Back
Top Bottom