everyone on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old man...43. Highway Department Maintenance Boss...computer service & repair owner on the side...gotta do something for gas money when you work on a road crew.

Nubius said:
he's more of a networking guru though. Hardware isn't really his thing which you'd really need to know a lot of to consider yourself a "Computer" genius.

Actually, hardware was my original "breath" in the technical world and still my favorite. Networking was just something that was more of a supplement to hardware that I found interesting...more so than typical computer hardware or overclocking let's say. I enjoy theoretical scenarios, but in the end, I am the see/feel/fix type that needs to use his/her hands.

Welcome to TF, jesseisasith! I like your member name :)
On the comments section of all my checks, of one of my old checking accounts, I had "I'm really a Jedi" printed. Some caught it......most didn't. :)

im also in the middle off my gcse's and i planning on spending 1100 on my pc but don't have a job and im going to do an ict Course in networking and Mentali$T u hear about the humanites exams thier messed up aqa didn't release a source book wid the exam everyone gets 10% added on to thier final grade plus more depending on the situation

Where to start?
I am 16. I work for my dad because he wont let me get a job(!).
I get about 20$ a month if I am lucky and I work my a$$ off for him. I did have a job last summer where I worked 9-3 and got 16$ per day, but I can't even do that anymore.

I am into everything: Flash, HTML, Dreamweaver, JavaScript, C++, home audio, etc. I am into cars as well. I built my own computer this year and have had about every problem with it you could imagine. I do alot for my school as far as web design and new technology. The system admin and I are good friends.

Certified dumba$$. I am 16, what could you expect?

jesseisasith said:
so basically everyone in here is a computer genius. just wondering, what is everyones career? and does it involve computers or no? i'm hoping yes, otherwise that'd seem like a waste of talent.
that kinda depends on what standard you are talking about.
compared to your average jo, about half the (active) people here can be considered a "genius"
compared to people who have careers somewhere in the field of computing, most people are below standard.
though like said, most people here are in their teens, so potentially, a lot of people here could become real "geniuses"

sure, I know a fair bit about computers, and I consider myself above average against most PC enthusiasts my age, but from where I stand, I realise that it is just the tip of the iceburg.
I am 17 and work at a Mcdonalds, so I have a lot ahead of me in terms of my career.

the computer industry is extremely diverse in itself. you can do some things with hardware, and software.
in those categories, there are a vast range of other categories.
for example, in software there are programmers obviously. but there are also many different types of programmers, and for many different systems and languages etc..

Dante_Caligari said:
Where to start?
I am 16. I work for my dad because he wont let me get a job(!).
I get about 20$ a month if I am lucky and I work my a$$ off for him. I did have a job last summer where I worked 9-3 and got 16$ per day, but I can't even do that anymore.

I am into everything: Flash, HTML, Dreamweaver, JavaScript, C++, home audio, etc. I am into cars as well. I built my own computer this year and have had about every problem with it you could imagine. I do alot for my school as far as web design and new technology. The system admin and I are good friends.

Certified dumba$$. I am 16, what could you expect?

Oh, that sucks :(

I got a job about 1 year ago working at a local computer shop, that was actually hiring for about 2 months, i was the only one who applied! I mostly sell used computers, from Pentium 2's to AMD Athlon 64's...

Oh, and i get paid minimum wage...$8 per hour, and usually get paid about $320 per week.

Actually, hardware was my original "breath" in the technical world and still my favorite. Networking was just something that was more of a supplement to hardware that I found interesting...more so than typical computer hardware or overclocking let's say. I enjoy theoretical scenarios, but in the end, I am the see/feel/fix type that needs to use his/her hands
Psht, I thought you blatantly told me that you don't know that much about hardware. And when I say "not much" I dont mean like you just dont know anything at all, but that networking was your forte. Basically I was under the impression you know your parts, can build a computer, but you dont really go anymore into it than that.

MY MISTAKE SIR! :p

WWNT? said:
Psht, I thought you blatantly told me that you don't know that much about hardware. And when I say "not much" I dont mean like you just dont know anything at all, but that networking was your forte. Basically I was under the impression you know your parts, can build a computer, but you dont really go anymore into it than that.

MY MISTAKE SIR! :p

Yea, I translated a little there and knew what you meant. I was just bustin' your chops :) Kinda like in the quote above. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom