error message when trying to install a software - help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

When I try to install and update to a software drum sampler I'm using it I get this error message:

"Error 1305.Error reading from file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\3cb552.msi. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

Can anybody tell me what's wrong and how to fix this?

Apparently this is an issue with the Windows Installer, but I already have the latest version.

I'd appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks,
Lars

Guessing that's the file you're using to install and it's not calling on another file from a different location. So either check and make sure you have the Admin Rights to install the file. If UAC is on, then try right clicking the file and select "Run as Administrator", see if that helps.

If not, try redownloading the update and storing it into a different location (eg. Desktop).

Thanks a lot !
I'll check those out, but I think those are the same links I already looked through when I googled for the problem. Also the MS knowledge base article did not help.....

Ah sucks :(. Well guess you would have to wait till more members post some ideas, kinda running out of at the moment, sorry :(. I'll put it in my sig to see if it helps get you thread out :), guess that's the least I can do to make up for not being totally helpful :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom