error loading operating system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: error loading operating system

vjm2122 said:
I have a similiar problem to this post and I was hoping you could help me. My cousins computer crapped out it wouldnt boot up or anything so I took his hd out and reimaged it with xp pro. The install went fine and was working normally in my test machine. Then when I put it back into his machine and booted up I got the error loading operating system. The drive works in my other machine with no problem and doesnt work in his machine. I even flashed the bios with the newest version and still the same error.
Any help would be appreciated this is number 3 of computers I have sitting broken in my house.

I read a lot of times about "flashing the bios". What does it actually do and how do you do it???

Thanks!

Flashing the bios simply means that you download or order an update for the bios program, load it onto a floppy disk, and reboot.

The BIOS is typically placed on a ROM chip that comes with the computer (it is often called a ROM BIOS). This ensures that the BIOS will always be available and will not be damaged by disk failures. It also makes it possible for a computer to boot itself. Most modern PCs have a flash BIOS, which means that the BIOS has been recorded on a rewriteable memory chip, which can be updated if necessary.

To the poster that put an XP image and stuck it into another computer...

That won't work because the drivers for the mobo are not loaded onto the hard drive. (short explanation)

:)

Techguru75 said:
Flashing the bios simply means that you download or order an update for the bios program, load it onto a floppy disk, and reboot.

The BIOS is typically placed on a ROM chip that comes with the computer (it is often called a ROM BIOS). This ensures that the BIOS will always be available and will not be damaged by disk failures. It also makes it possible for a computer to boot itself. Most modern PCs have a flash BIOS, which means that the BIOS has been recorded on a rewriteable memory chip, which can be updated if necessary.

To the poster that put an XP image and stuck it into another computer...

That won't work because the drivers for the mobo are not loaded onto the hard drive. (short explanation)

:)

OIC. Thanks!:eek:
Must the BIOS download be saved in floppy or can I saved it to
a CD also. And to install it (or should I say "to flash the BIOS"), "), are the steps the same as that with installing other software i.e. Start>Run>D: \autorun.exe or is it different? :confused: :eek:

Also, you mentioned about drivers for the mobo, what drivers were you referring to? Integrated audio and display drivers?:confused:

Thx advance for your kind reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom