Dvd -> Avi

Status
Not open for further replies.
dvd shrink excels at shrinking a 6.5 gig or less movie to a 4.7 gig movie. it sucks at any other compression ratio. if you shrunk it to 1000mb it would be unwatchable

EricB
dvd shrink excels at shrinking a 6.5 gig or less movie to a 4.7 gig movie. it sucks at any other compression ratio. if you shrunk it to 1000mb it would be unwatchable

I just compressed a 7.5 gb bollywood movie to a 4.7gb disk and the quality is superb! with all the extras and the adverts the quality is as good as a normal DVD. Sorry but am not sure what ericb is saying??
regards

Use the mencoder part of mplayer, its free to use, its open source, while the windows version isnt nearly as good as the linux version its still head and shoulders way better than anything else Ive found. It is commandline only, but it isnt hard to write a quick app in visual basic for it though.

anjanluthra said:
EricB

I just compressed a 7.5 gb bollywood movie to a 4.7gb disk and the quality is superb! with all the extras and the adverts the quality is as good as a normal DVD. Sorry but am not sure what ericb is saying??
regards

go watch the distorted pixelated dark scenes that I know is in your movie. most of the movie sucks, but I'm pointing you to the obvious
the rule of thumb for shrinking movies is
for 6.5gb or less use dvd shrink, for 6.5gb or more use instant copy

most people like you, that don't seemed to noticed the resulting horrible copy,fine. but I notice it

Dvd X is the easy way, but still good. I use GordianKnot but you have learn it with some tutorials. Gordian Knot have better result than any program available

oracus said:
Dvd X is the easy way, but still good. I use GordianKnot but you have learn it with some tutorials. Gordian Knot have better result than any program available

that's auto GK (Gordian Knot)

The DivX create bundle is free today only (for their anneversary) so if you hurry you may be able to get it.

But yes, if you missed it I would reccomend AutoGK.

mplayer/mencoder, will rip on the fly, for windows it will do divx or xvid, as well as filtering/deinterlacing and cropping/resizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom