Dual Boot

Hi.

Downloaded and installed EasyBCD beta version 180; no luck, still the same error after selecting Win 8 during POST/ bootup.

So.....what was that F12 thing............... :big_smile:

Pez

After the POST but before Windows starts to load hit F12. It will allow you to select the boot device.

Thanks for the F12 info, KSoD; I'll give it a shot.

But say, I noticed something: I un-installed EasyBCD since it didn't seem to be working correctly, but, upon booting my computer, I still get that "choice screen"; you know, the one where I have the OS's listed (of Win 7 or Win 8), and I use the UP & DOWN directional arrows to choose one and then press Enter.

is this "normal"? Shouldn't this "choice screen" have gone away after I un-installed EasyBCD?

I chose Win 7 and was able to boot to my desktop just fine, but I think I'd like to get rid of this "choice screen" just for now.

Have any info on how to do this? :silly:

Thanks!
Pez

No the selection screen will not go away. The BCD is the boot loader of Windows from Vista onward. Just like the boot.ini file is what loaded Windows from the early 3.1 days till XP. EasyBCD is just what it sounds like. An Easy way to operate with the BCD. Go ahead and take a look at the bcdedit screen and see if you really want to mess with that over what EasyBCD offers.

EasyBCD is a graphical user interface for the BCD and allows simplicity. The BCD is there to stay no matter if EasyBCD is there or not.

To get rid of the choice screen, you will have to modify the BCD to get rid of the Windows 8 entry. I would suggest EasyBCD, once you see the bcdedit you will know why.

Back
Top Bottom