Dragon Age: Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished the game a few days ago. I won't put any spoilers in.

1. overhead camera can get annoying
2. I wish you could respec your character in game, I gave my main dude some points in bad places by mistake.

That is really the only complaint about the game play that I can come up with, I have my problems with the ending though because at least for me I can not go back and play unless I go to a previous save before I ....er.... get to the part where .....
There are multiple endings depending on your character and what you do.... so basically yea... I still don't want to spoil it for you :p

I really really got a lot of play time out of this game... good god. I almost want to replay it... almost. I'll give it a few months to forget some of the story maybe, ha.

I never use the overhead camera, I just stick to about a 10 degree angle above the char.

And you can respec your char, with a mod ;) Your party members too.

I know, but I don't want to do the mod. I want it in game like it was in borderlands (bad example... but it is the most recent rpg~ish type game with a respec that I've played). It's one of those games that I am going to have to replay one day anyways, so I'll just try not to mess up my specs next time as it is part of the game. You need to think before you click :)

I am either going to replay as a Dwarf or a Nobel human... last time I played as an Elf and tried to make him as much like the character "Drizzt" as possible. No dark elves though.

I have been playing this on my brothers PC (Mostly because mine is ancient). I love it, however, it likes to freeze a lot. His computer is pretty recent, but his HD only has 8mb of cache. Anyone else have this problem?

I just got the 23" Acer Widescreen from the newegg black friday deal and plan on getting a 4770 for xmas, so hopefully I will be able to play with with some ease.

I like the game so far but I am definitely not used to these kinds of RPG's, you know the dark ages and what have you. Magic and mages and all that never really got me, but this game seems worth the extra time. I am only passed the Tower Ogre now and I even found that difficult...had to look up some hints online. Haha. But I am still determined to see this game through!

Yea James... get through it, and don't be afraid to look up hints after 5 or so deaths in a row :p I had to do it once or twice for some bosses. One boss (that they show in the trailer) was so hard to beat the way I was trying, but once I followed an online hint I beat him without a single character taking damage... :p It felt like cheating for me, so I use hints as a last resort.

I plan on replaying this game one day when I am bored. Apparently there are MANY different endings that can happen.

^ I have since had to refer to a couple of walk-through's to get me through some parts haha. This is the only game that I have had to refer to a walk through for but it doesn't bother me, I do like the game a lot so it's worth it to me.

Yeh, Bio did an awesome job with this game so far! I have three mages in my group plus a warrior..so far it is just epic destruction :p

Ok so I am really not familiar with this theme of RPG, and have hit a break wall. Can anyone help get me through the Redcliffe battle? I've tried it about 10 times now and all my chars die in the 2nd part of the battle.

I got the oil from the store and that helps with the first part of the fight which ends in my favor every time, but then we get down to the second fight and I end up dying with about 7 enemies left. I keep watch over all my char's health and switch through them to do specials and all that, but eventually they all die towards the end.

Characters in use: Sten, Leliana, Morigan, and my character (level 6 elf).

Anyone have any tips or tricks for that they used for this fight, particularly the 2nd part? Any help would be great!

Did you talk to as many characters in the village as you can to help you in the fight? Did you convince the smith to help you?

Just stock up on health potions and stuff. I was able to beat it fairly easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom