Downloading a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ ya, that's correct. as long as you own a legal copy of the game.

EDIT: wait, where did that come from?
Are you saying it's illegal to have no cd cracks when you DO have a legal version of the game? They definitely have uses, ie. scratched discs. I hate when discs are scratched :(.

I have a legal copy of Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare. My daughter got a hold of the case, and scratched up the disk pretty bad. Is it legal to download a copy of the game disk, or would it still be considered receiving stolen property, as the uploader didn't have permission from the rights owner? I've contacted Activision about this, but haven't got a response yet.

Some publishers will honor a replacement Disc. Normally this requires you to package and ship "at your cost" to them with Disc, materials and serial. There is usually like a $10 fee for this as well.

I've done this before with a scratched BF2 disc. EA replaced it for me. I had to do what I mentioned above.

HERE: https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=16917&p_created=1155057438&p_sid=NTm66hGj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NzMxLDczMSZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9ZGlzYyByZXBsYWNlbWVudA!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

Within the 90-day warranty period:
Please return the product along with a copy of the original sales receipt, showing the date of purchase, a brief description of the difficulty you are experiencing including your name, address (No PO Boxes), RMA and phone number. If the product was damaged through abuse, mistreatment or neglect (cracks, scratches, other damage), or if you do not have a dated sales receipt, then this 90-day warranty is rendered void and you will need to follow the instructions for returns after the 90-day warranty period.

After the 90-day warranty period:
Please return the product along with a check or money order for the amount corresponding to your product (see replacement fees below) made payable to Activision, a brief description of the difficulty you are experiencing including your name, address (No PO Boxes), RMA number and phone number.

We strongly recommend that you use a traceable delivery method (certified mail recommended) when sending products to Activision. Activision is not responsible for products not in its possession.

Replacement Fees:
Important! Be sure to read the above policy before sending anything to Activision Technical Support!

Game replacement prices are as follows:
$10.00 USD - PC/MAC CD ROM game ($10.00 per disc replacement)
$15.00 USD - PC/DVD ROM game ($15.00 per disc replacement)

You should contact them and request an RMA number for a replacement disc for 90 days after, because your issue falls voids the before 90 days.

^ no i was trying to say it was legal. but then kmote posted a little before me and i did not see it, so according to that it is illegal to have a no cd crack.

Yha, if it circimvents the copy-write protection... its illegal.

Fortunately, alot of companies eventually puts out patches to remove the cd check... usually after the games old.

Illegal or not, you paid for it, and gaming companies are only interested in scalping you for every last cent for half *** non-completed games. If you paid for it...then by all means, retrieve a working copy through any means necessary.

HERE: https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=16917&p_created=1155057438&p_sid=NTm66hGj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NzMxLDczMSZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9ZGlzYyByZXBsYWNlbWVudA!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

Within the 90-day warranty period:
Please return the product along with a copy of the original sales receipt, showing the date of purchase, a brief description of the difficulty you are experiencing including your name, address (No PO Boxes), RMA and phone number. If the product was damaged through abuse, mistreatment or neglect (cracks, scratches, other damage), or if you do not have a dated sales receipt, then this 90-day warranty is rendered void and you will need to follow the instructions for returns after the 90-day warranty period.

After the 90-day warranty period:
Please return the product along with a check or money order for the amount corresponding to your product (see replacement fees below) made payable to Activision, a brief description of the difficulty you are experiencing including your name, address (No PO Boxes), RMA number and phone number.

We strongly recommend that you use a traceable delivery method (certified mail recommended) when sending products to Activision. Activision is not responsible for products not in its possession.

Replacement Fees:
Important! Be sure to read the above policy before sending anything to Activision Technical Support!

Game replacement prices are as follows:
$10.00 USD - PC/MAC CD ROM game ($10.00 per disc replacement)
$15.00 USD - PC/DVD ROM game ($15.00 per disc replacement)

You should contact them and request an RMA number for a replacement disc for 90 days after, because your issue falls voids the before 90 days.

Yep, pretty much what I'm going to do.

Illegal or not, you paid for it, and gaming companies are only interested in scalping you for every last cent for half *** non-completed games. If you paid for it...then by all means, retrieve a working copy through any means necessary.

Yeah, 'cause legality isn't an issue... I would much rather spend a few bucks now, then to get slammed with a possible lawsuit over something so senseless.

Moderators : Please close this thread before we get more posts like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom