domain setup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
I have a router connected to hub who is giving internet connection to all 5 computers.

1 computer is have win2kserver... I have setup active directory with domain called 'domain' and i did also setup 'users' on active directory users and computers. Active directory is up and running in this computer.

2.I gave scope range from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.100 while router IP is 10.0.0.2 and by router documentation I can setup a range of router IP between 10.0.0.3 to 10.0.0.15, Main computer is set upped with Ip address 10.0.0.4

Let's go to client side,

I had initially all the computer set up with workgroup 'mshome' no when i went to 'my computer' > network identification and changed work group into doamin called 'domain' and press OK .....it says ' cannot contact to domain'...damn it ...isn't that the way?? That way was woking fine at college...why not at home?

Had I missed something ??pls help me.

PS: I gave the client IP : 192.168.0.10 ; def gateway+dns server 10.0.0.4 (which is the IP address of the 2kserver computer)

not sure if I'm reading this right, but you already have the IP scope range set on the AD machine and is configured on the other 5 workstations, being accessed via the routers IP. Did you put in the IP address of the systems of each workstation in the routers config data table? I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but looks like you setup the AD domain, generated the scope of IP's needed, and then created a VLAN for each workstation on the router???? If thats the case, thats you problem.... if not, please clarify a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom