do you have a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

Basic modding (well, more on the restoring end..) but it turned out nice man. Those steps I think make the truck look much more up to date. I don't see why cents thinks the wheels don't look ok on your truck.. maybe he's just used to seeing those ones that spin. Personally, I find those to be a waste of cash. I'd rather get decently priced but nice rims, and spend that extra money on other upgrades. I also love how it's a Chevy, cause I'mma Chev fan and I just got my truck, a 1993 Chevy 1500 Series extended cab.. might get pics inna month, but of course I won't make it look nice cause I'll be spending my money on my Stingray. ;)

spinning rims are the most pointless things ive ever seen. that kind of money could be used better. but i dont really like the chrome wheel cover its just my opinion. i usually prefer the stock wheels anyway

NewCents05 said:
spinning rims are the most pointless things ive ever seen. that kind of money could be used better. but i dont really like the chrome wheel cover its just my opinion. i usually prefer the stock wheels anyway
Heyyo,

Yeah, I love the stock rims on my car, they're nice, and since it's old skool it even has beauty rings for em' and those rock. ;)

Btw, pc load letter, lol.. I've seen that at work. Ah yes work, I love my office space eh? :D

well, the rims on ym truck are pretty crappy looking. Rusted somewhat and are in a definite need of a paintjob if I were to remove the wheel covers. Like I said, I will be selling this truck soon, so I just wanted something half-way decent looking. Trust me, it looks alot better with those $20 wheel covers than it did without them :D

well those stock rims looks pretty decent looking just give them a good wash and i think that would look niiiice

Alot of sanding and some painting and I might be abel to save those rims, but I'm not sure. I would like to have those instead of the wheel covers, but I don't really feel like putting that much work into it just to sell it.

I own two Mustangs. One is a 1965, which I have converted to a mildly modded 5.0 liter with all of the fuel injection and a 5-speed tranny. I want to take it to the strip, but I can't get any **** traction with it yet. :(

The other is just my daily driver Fox body Mustang. It's got a 5.0 and a 5-speed.

1993 Pontiac Grand Am GT, 3.3l 6 cylinder automatic.

P1000025.jpg

P1000026.jpg

Everything is stock because quite frankly, unlike most people I realize that the vehicle I drive isn't worth enough to justify upgrading it. The only thing I changed is really the stereo system, which is currently a Tsunami DB1100 @ 2 ohm/650 RMS on an RE SE 15 sealed. In a few more days whenever I get off my ass to make the new sub box, I'll have a new sub box that will house a pair of Alpine Type R 12s ('05 model) with the Tsunami DB1100 dropping to 1 ohm for a 1,100 RMS load. Luckily with stereo systems, unless you have no idea what you're doing, taking it out and putting it in a new car is a matter of an hour's time to accomplish... hence the reason I didn't hesitate to put it in. ;)

Jayce said:
I realize that the vehicle I drive isn't worth enough to justify upgrading it.

Every car is worth upgrading IMHO. :) A simple K&N Air filter would give you at least 10hp and increase your fuel economy by 15%. Those only run about $40 and are a worthy upgrade for any car ;) Also, you can spend $70 bucks and upgrade to a synthetic motor oil that'll increase your engine response, power, and economy all at once :) And on a car that age, a $5 fuel additive for engine cleaning would bump up your acceleration and economy. :)

Together, these upgrades could get you a good 20hp that would ultimately cost you less than it did for audio parts, and would take you even less time to do them :)
(not to mention the fact that these upgrades will increase your car's fuel efficiency, and with gas prices on the move, thats a good thing :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom