do you have a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayce said:
Granted, some of these newer imports are pretty reliable and good on gas, but if you are saying that as far as performance goes, please GTFO and crawl into a hole. There's nothing I hate more than hearing a darn fart can on one of those stupid looking Civics, hearing that 4 banger hit its peak of a whopping 165 horsepower @ well beyond it's redline. :confused:

UMMM...skyline?

GameGURU said:
Pshh German cars are alright, I really like Passat's...

My friend has a Jetta, pretty stirdy little car except it has had some problems, they were easily fixed. It's a 2003 model, despite me being pretty tall I can still fit in it fine.

I never knew that Mercedes is so low in reliability...do you have any proof, that would be an interesting find.

When it comes to white bread reliablility, I find it doesn't get much better than American cars. Such as: Ford Taurus, Chevy Impala, Dodge Stratus.

Mercedes are not low in reliability, well the new ones are in electronics, ex. electronic tranny. Though they are pretty pricey to repair.

Let's see. First started driving at 12, but considering that was a tractor down the highway at 15-20 mph, it wasn't much fun. Then there was the 4 wheeler in the areas Dad couldn't see what I was doing.

First actual car I drove was a 79 Pontiac Bonneville, which my friends in high school called The Boat.

Then there was an 84 GMC pickup. I enjoyed going offroading in that.

Then there was a 96 GMC Jimmy. Had to get rid of that after it started developing problems caused by an accident. Lady pulled out in front of me, and I totaled her car for her.

Then there was a 98 Ford Explorer. Just recently got rid of that.

Now I have a 2004 Chevy Impala.

My wife had a Pontiac Grand Am when I met her. Don't remember the year.

She traded that for a Geo Tracker. 94 I believe. (She wanted a Jeep Wrangler, but couldn't afford it.) Got rid of that a couple of years ago.

She now drives 2004 Chevy Trailblazer.

desiboi said:
Mercedes are not low in reliability, well the new ones are in electronics, ex. electronic tranny. Though they are pretty pricey to repair.

yea... they are... unless your talking about the ones before they joined with diamler chrysler. the ones after really do have low reliability.

it was in my local newspaper ill try to find it on the web tho.

EDIT:

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/08/pf/autos/cr_auto_reliability/

old article but go down to sedans and they have all the mercedes sedans there.

im sure with a little googling you can find a newer article

1984 Nissan Pickup

Looks a lot like this but mine is tan.

10520039555001030.jpg

Yall ready to be blown away? Here's my car. 1989 Chevy S-10 Blazer: 2.8L V6, 5-speed (love it :D). Amazingly though, it only gets 14ish MPG.

When I first got it, it looked like this:
100_0300.jpg

100_0302.jpg

100_0301.jpg

But, with abit of money, I got it painted and my dad and I fixed it up into this:
fullview.jpg

leftside.jpg

rightside.jpg

front.jpg

We added the fender flares, the step-rails, the wheel covers, the window visor and are waiting to put carpet in it. Everything was painted by Maaco, except the grill, it was painted by my dad. What do you guys think?

looks good cept the wheel covers... u need to find better looking wheel covers those kinda throw off the groove of the car. i like the step-rail looks cool

Heyyo,

Basic modding (well, more on the restoring end..) but it turned out nice man. Those steps I think make the truck look much more up to date. I don't see why cents thinks the wheels don't look ok on your truck.. maybe he's just used to seeing those ones that spin. Personally, I find those to be a waste of cash. I'd rather get decently priced but nice rims, and spend that extra money on other upgrades. I also love how it's a Chevy, cause I'mma Chev fan and I just got my truck, a 1993 Chevy 1500 Series extended cab.. might get pics inna month, but of course I won't make it look nice cause I'll be spending my money on my Stingray. ;)

I was thinking of getting some wider tires and nice rims for christmas, but since I'm going to be selling it next summer my parents don't think I should spend the money.

I originally painted it to get rid of the rust. We did some major sandind and then sprayed the whole truck with Jato (rust repellent stuff). Now, the rust is coming back already, so it's not gonna be staying with me long. I might be getting a Chevy Z-71 Ext Cab with no motor for $1500, but not entirely sure. My uncle has a motor for it, so the no motor part isn't a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom