Do i still have viruses after this....

Just the full scan. Do one then if it comes up clean your good I guess :D

Hello luke 127,
I assume HJT won't allow for a full scan so here is the malwarebytes full scan log report. I assumed this look good or i might be wrong. If positive give me a link to donate, u guy's deserve it.
Thank u all and love to everyone for ur time.
Later gater's

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

Database version: v2012.03.26.07

Windows 2000 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
:: [administrator]

3/27/2012 5:50:44 PM
mbam-log-2012-03-27 (17-50-44).txt

Scan type: Full scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 294835
Time elapsed: 59 minute(s), 59 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

So what do i do now or where do i go from here?
Do i still need to clean my computer of viruses or i am good to go.
Appreciate some safe recommendations, if any.
Thank's.

You need to go into the Control Panel under Remove Programs. There you need to get rid of anything that is a toolbar. They are nothing but a breeding ground for infections now. After that you need to use HiJack This to remove their startup entries. I would also suggest using MSconfig Cleanup to make sure that you dont have anything starting up with the PC that you do not want.

From there I would do 1 last scan with each of the programs. Starting with Combofix and then MBAM. Those logs look good, but an additional scan wont hurt.

Hello all,
Last Sunday my puter was hijacked with this Automatic download of "Internet Security Sw download" which i could'nt stop, although i disconnect my dsl modem & shut down puter as quickly as i can. after 5 min: i reboot and could not log on to the internet, everything was blocked. I called my ISP & they walk me through some stuff that did not work. So i did a system restored and everything is back to normal. My question is after system
restored does that mean my puter is ok or the above viruses still exist in my computer.
Win Xp S3
Tks.

With something like that a fresh format would take care of it. No sense in pulling your hair out trying to fix it. Not to mention IT support for some of these companies are as useful as **** on a bull.

I know others will give me slack for this, but sometimes is best to start fresh then to aggravate yourself with a headache.

With something like that a fresh format would take care of it. No sense in pulling your hair out trying to fix it. Not to mention IT support for some of these companies are as useful as **** on a bull.

I know others will give me slack for this, but sometimes is best to start fresh then to aggravate yourself with a headache.

My question to you is this. If it takes you 20 minutes to reinstall Windows, then roughly another hour setting it up properly with all of your software and other settings, what harm does running a couple of programs that will take you at most 45 minutes to clean the machine?

As stated by K, the logs look good as is. He only recommended an additional scan to make sure. So the user just saved themselves a bunch of time by doing what was already suggested. Not to mention could have saved themselves even more if they didnt backup their personal data first before reinstalling Windows only to realize that they lost some precious data cause of such a drastic move.

While yes if proper steps are taken, it can be far less aggravating to just wipe and start over. But if such steps are not taken you actually cause the user more problems by suggesting such actions than them running any amount of scans. How many average users you know back up their personal data? How much would be lost by a reformat? So you see while your suggestion has merit, it could actually be more harmful to most than anything they are suggested to do by the removal people here.

Back
Top Bottom