DNS or DHCP first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
Hey I have a server computer running in my basement with services such as WINS, DNS, DHCP, and File Share. My uncle walked me through setting them up because when I tried doing it myself, I screwed the network up so bad that no one had internet for 3 hours (which was how long it took to fix the problem with my uncles help). To get more experience I am going to redo the server and reinstall the services. Is there a specific order DNS and DHCP need to be installed? If so, which one is first?

And any tutorials on how to properly configure those services would be greatly appreciated.

Also weird problem I get every now and then, "Windows Explorer has stopped working" I restart it and it's fine for 15 seconds and then does it again until i restart. Anyone know why? It happens on Windows 7 Professional for me.

So you're running windows 7 professional on this server? First of all, do a re-install.

Secondly, no it doesn't matter which service you setup first

No sorry the Windows 7 Professional is on a workstation connected to the network. The server is running 2003 on a seperate machine in the basement. And thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom