Dlink DI-614+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanch3

Daemon Poster
hey

i cant factory reset my router...:angry:

i tried getting a paper clip and pushing the reset button on the back in for about 30 seconds and it didnt reset (done while power on)...so i tried it for a 1 minute with the paper clip in and still didnt reset...

does anyone know wat im doin wrong or is there another way to factory reset the router ??

do it with the power off. You need to disconnect the power inorder for the flash to release it's charge, and purge the config you had set. Basically, you are dumping all the power from the device to allow the Flash chip to dump it's data...

Good luck

Inaris, Im not stepping on your post but I think you meant to say " have the power off, press the button with the paper clip and then plug the power back in while holding the reset in." do that for about 10 sec. That will purge everything.

Bruce said:
Or you can access it from your browser and do a factory reset.:):)

read my first post dude...i cant get to the web browser setup screen....

ok..ill try and unplug the power and press the reset button for about 15 seconds (a bit over just incase) and let you know how i go :)

thanks for the reply guys :)

hey

i cant factory reset my router...

i tried getting a paper clip and pushing the reset button on the back in for about 30 seconds and it didnt reset (done while power on)...so i tried it for a 1 minute with the paper clip in and still didnt reset...

does anyone know wat im doin wrong or is there another way to factory reset the router ??

thanks

This post?

Forgive me, but where in there does it say you can't access the browser screen?

oops lol :p

kk well cant get to browser set up screen...was on another forum that im thinking of :p

Avalanch3 said:
oops lol :p

kk well cant get to browser set up screen...was on another forum that im thinking of :p

hee hee

that sux, maybe the routers bad?

does it give u an IP?

when i plug the router into the computer with no modem connected to it...and do an ipconfig....it comes up with the windows default i.p address.....

but as soon as i connect the modem it gives me an i.p address that actually does something haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom