Diablo 3, but it is a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just them wanting to make money, it is the company being ignorant. Why lock the game so only ~60% of the total player base from the original Battle.net servers can play it? That eliminates a HUGE base of players, you wouldn't believe how many people are hanging back on older games, and building private servers just because of the whole DRM crap, and so that people can keep playing. Moving to online only was part of Activisions idea, SC2 was meant for full offline and lan, the system components are there, Blizzard didn't think people would find these parts of the game, exploit them, and build basic Emu servers so easily. I bet Diablo 3 has LAN and Single Player built into the game, but removed ENTIRELY because Activision demanded it. It isn't about capitalism, it is about what that Blizzard CEO said, saying they are seperate companies, Blizzard will do it's own thing, but be under Activisions care. Yea, care, more like an abusive overweight mother trying to guide one of the last GOOD companies.

People wonder why Indie games are becoming so popular? -.-

The moment a company starts to hurt part of the customer base, the other part says to stop crying, eventually blizzard also harms that portion by doing something. It happens constantly, prior to WoW, Blizzard really DID listen to customers, it didn't take international spot light to get rid of the real name requirement in online forums before, but these days it does apparently. So yea, Blizzard has gone in a bad direction, and it isn't just about money to gamers, but how the companies treat them.

Diablo 3... released today...
my copy won't arrive on the 17th though :(
if you played diablo 2, you are probably going to get this game...

not going to lie, (from beta play through) the graphics is ****ty for lack of better word, I had expected better.

I had quit soccer (or football for you guys outside of the united states) when I was in 7th grade just so I can play more of diablo 2. so hell yeah I am definitely going to get this game. funny story, my team was 3-1 before I quit, they only won 2 games out of 7 after I left. needless to say, there was some hate from my ex-teammates. and the coach I had turns out to be my gym teacher in 8th grade... I had my work cut out for me.

anyways, if you were human, and want to fight the virtual prime evil (and farming stone of jordans) by throwing your money and time at activision, then you are going to get this game.
that begs the question, Yami, are you an android?

Never played any Diablo - besides hammering Activision ( which they probably deserve, along with pretty much all the gaming companies that "dummy down" their games so both PC and consoles can play them along with the forced online crap even to play single player mode ) - can someone render an opinion on the game itself - good or bad game play , graphics are disappointing for Fat Clown , but how bad are they- same as BF3 or more like Fallout3? I will wait to purchase when it comes down in price , but would appreciate some game info even to consider it on the future list. Thanks

Only speaking from beta experience here the gameplay itself was fine and it's a fun game, if you never played D2; I find D3 to be more of a point-and-click World of Warcraft. Monsters pose no real threat on normal - you are forced into making extremely simplistic choices regarding skills, e.x which resource generator do you want from these 2, which resource dump do you want etc. The only downside I found with the graphics was the fact they no longer provide the feeling of impending doom, it's just a lighter tone, not quite cartoony just too "happy" for lack of a better explanation. All in all the game is fun and should be quite fun for a lot of people, it's all preference. Personally they took most of the reason I played D2 completely out of this game, even if they are minor things it still takes away from the fun for me.

Forgive any spelling/grammar, Cellphone keyboards are not forgiving.

Ya know, if I remember right, the last actual game made entirely by Blizzard with out Activision was the original WoW, I don't think it had issues at launch, maybe a few random ones, but not ones like SC2 and Diablo 3 has seen. If you look, the servers are either way beyond overloaded, or something is very wrong with the game. Blizzard apparently rushed yet another game IMO, while spending virtually no resources to fix the bugs. Half the bugs are from the beta runs, the other half have recently been introduced by an actual patch that raped ATI machines.

I just find it beyond hilarious that these games that are supposedly better for being online only, are having such horrible connection issues. Guess blizzard didn't think how hard it would be to have most everything server side, then sent client side for rendering. Seems like it would take a really good high end server to run just a few dozen games at most. Everyone is complaining about server outages, game not starting, games disconnecting 5-10 times in 20 minutes. This is a game that was not ready for launch, there went the classic, "we will launch it when it's ready" motto.

The Beta Pre-Release weekend was a gimmick, not that many people actually played it, Blizzard pushed it off as it being a good stress test on the network, yet, look at the real deal, with all the idiots trying to play it, no one can.

Bought it, played for ten minutes this morning... DANG IT work and finals week :cry:
I don't care so much about graphics.. as long as it looks good enough and gameplay is good I don't care :tongue:

There are a few games that graphics make better.. such as Skyrim. That was part of the games selling point :tongue: I didn't buy D3 for graphics.

i'd love to be not participating in this thread in blissful ignorance of your posts since mine own, but as the login servers have broken. which was somehow unforseeable.... i cannot.

blizzard r fail me

Yay!!!!!! Epic fail launch, don't ya just LOVE not being able to play a game that cost ya $60 because of a server failure? Don't you just MISS being able to play the game for what it originally was, a game where you could play alone, or with a group to get the same freaking story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom