Dell laptop problem

I have a Dell laptop N5010 which I purchased off ebay. I can't get the battery to charge. Is this fixable at all ?
I'm pretty sure it can, but first you need to explain why it doesn't work and what exactly doesn't work.
It could be an old battery, and if it won't charge at all, it's probably a complete battery failure and a new one is needed. However, there may also be a fault in some cables or chargers. Apparently, the fault is not in the computer itself, because generally a fault can be there only if the owner himself breaks something there. For example, a plug or socket breaks.
So, I think the battery most likely needs to be replaced, and if the computer otherwise works, or at least can be turned on with just the power supply, then it's likely that the power supply is fine and works.

I replaced the battery and bought a new charger lead. If I take the lead out the laptop turns straight off.
Then the situation is more complicated, you have to investigate the matter in more detail, how are the electronikal connections, and if not possible investigate everything yourself, I recommend contacting a local expert, because it is difficult to guess what exactly is wrong. P.S. I personally am an electronics engineer and have done this work all my life. The more difficult case is when there is nothing possible to fix and you need a new motherboard.
I wish you success and luck to get through easier.

I've seen this happen before. The power port on the laptop has a little circuit board mounted to it and when one of those tiny chips fries it no longer recognizes the power supply and will not charge. These power port boards are not real expensive, but it'll take some patience to install a new one. Somebody gave me a laptop with the same problem and replacing the board worked for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Inspiron-48-...spiron+n5010+power+jack&qid=1690848304&sr=8-4

Also available on Ebay too
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334078440329?hash=item4dc8a07389:g:N~AAAOSwlbFg8LzQ&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA8AJmNx9rbsFQR9n1XSm2UwG4JicHI2yKKD0aiurZl9ta6tDWbeNbkHNpRIb8TfQVnBSWPm4Q+eLMGAja2QZMYl7DOEYZgNGm9p9sS2K5sqtDXRC3zG5W2sY3ChiY6NWtXm+1QooMIPsgFFesc8+VLaYWzSONTr91UQIzlNxHm5XMy7EDyv6rQMcpzEd4f7Cg6a5CYN0goJtnHX/gJChcR7hx8skvNQjZlVbAYpgcTjjy7zbtDVZroMJG/aXl2W2rb2SYInRmjZaAm79FJNoQKJwX27voAQ3G+SYyQPtBPrwU4OzRkko1Duczmsrb2n5tHw==|tkp:Bk9SR-SV2Oe1Yg
From China so expect long ship time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom