dell 1501 crash , cd rom crash

synthetic11

Beta member
I recently purchased a used Dell laptop 1501 fairly cheap. It has a 160 gb hard drive, and 2 gb ram "vista". The girl I bought it from said it didn't connect to the internet and sold it me for 25.00 dollars. Upon getting it home I realized she never gave me the password so I used the hirens boot cd to reset the password. I then tried to connect to the internet wirelessly. It wouldn't connect, but would connect via ethernet cable. I researched the internet as to why the wirelesss wouldn't be working and tried several things to try and get it to connect. I downloaded winsockfix 1.1.0.13 and that seemed to help as it did connect after that. I then decided I wanted to do the factory restore on it. At boot up I hit the f8 key and did the whole factory restore procedure. After it was complete and back to factory settings I then got online with it and tried watching youtube videos which I couldn't do because it said I needed windows updates and a different internet explorer? I then went to the microsoft windows update page where it said I needed somthing like 92 updates. I then clicked to update and left it to update for around 2 hours. After it was done updating all 92 updates the computer began running very slow, so slow where it wouldn't do anything. I restart the computer and it didn't help. Still running very slow. Then out of now where the computer screen started doing odd things like different pixels and lines flashing and the screen looked like a flat rubics cube with colors and lines. I shut down the computer once again and went to go back and do a factory restore again but it froze up 1/4 of the way thru the process and the screen changed all sorts of different colors then went black. I shut down once again . Now its not doing anything black screen, although after about 100 times of turning it off and on I did get it to light up like it was loading but it then went back to wierd and pixel screen shapes and lines. Now it wont do anything. Black screen , and now the cd rom wont open either. I stuck a paper clip and did a manual eject on the cd rom and put the hirens boot cd in but it wont read it. I tried doing the f2 f8 f12 control f11 on start up but it doesn't do anything. I'm fairly new at computers with limited knowlege. im not a expert, but I do know after installing these 92 microsoft updates the compputer went haywire. Has anyone ever encountered this and suggestions of help of what I should do? thanks

I have also tryed resetting the bios by unhooking the cmos battery for 24 hours, and also tried reseating each ram card. Any computer experts in here can give me an idea of what is going on?

Back
Top Bottom