Deciding on a gaming headset

Status
Not open for further replies.
aww man my price range just horribly dropped I need something under 50 or 40 :/

<snipped> you school...

Umm, the HD280pros have plenty of bass dude, i should know i have them...and im a bass lover.

Urgh ? they wern't bassy for me. Maybe my amp/source was the problem (on board integrated at the time..:eek:) I didn't think they had much bass and i'm not even a bass lover... :confused:

The ability to PRODUCE bass is different from being "bassy" or "boomy".

HD280's are a studio headphone, calibrated and designed to give a FLAT response, meaning no crazy EQ curves. All frequencies are as close to equal amplitude as possible. HD280's have the frequency response and the sensitivity to accurately produce bass, whereas gaming headphones are designed to have "boom" or sound "bassy".

If you like accuracy and precision, studio headphones are amazing. If you like boom, gaming headphones are your choice. I use my studio headphones for gaming because I like REAL sound... not colored or "washed up" with bass frequencies.

The ability to PRODUCE bass is different from being "bassy" or "boomy".

HD280's are a studio headphone, calibrated and designed to give a FLAT response, meaning no crazy EQ curves. All frequencies are as close to equal amplitude as possible. HD280's have the frequency response and the sensitivity to accurately produce bass, whereas gaming headphones are designed to have "boom" or sound "bassy".

If you like accuracy and precision, studio headphones are amazing. If you like boom, gaming headphones are your choice. I use my studio headphones for gaming because I like REAL sound... not colored or "washed up" with bass frequencies.

I understand this, but even on supposedly bass heavy music they did not produce much bass, i have then herd the music through other flat headphones and the bass sounds more how i would expect it to.

I used to have AKG K701's for gaming, and man, they are renowned for small amounts of bass. but even they were somewhat better than the 280's.

You should look into the Sennheiser HD-555's there open headphones so the sound is crystal clear and the bass is phenomenal but you will need to buy a separate mic.

I understand this, but even on supposedly bass heavy music they did not produce much bass, i have then herd the music through other flat headphones and the bass sounds more how i would expect it to.

I used to have AKG K701's for gaming, and man, they are renowned for small amounts of bass. but even they were somewhat better than the 280's.

Do you wear glasses?

For them to sound theyre best, they need to have a complete seal around the ears. I use contacts but sometimes use glasses, and they just dont sound good with glasses on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom