Dead Space 2 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't you reviewing this one, is it? It's really good though. Felt almost like a gamespot or IGN review. I think they put a little more emotion in it when they do it. Not too much though. Just a tip to help you guys get to perfection.

Ya the scary aspect of Dead Space 2 is the stuff you're not expecting. It's a master game at catching you off guard. It knocked me out of my chair lastnight because someone randomly busted through a wall.

It's extremely similar to the first Dead Space but this one flows a lot better, has less back tracking, and several other original complaints are fixed.

I'm really enjoying the game. I think the whole package is great, the graphics are really nice and not had a single hint of low fps, just silky smooth. The campaign is generally interesting so far (only 2 hours in) and most of the game isn't scarey at all. But some times you will be walking down a corridor in almost pure silence, when you hear some crazy alien noise and then it comes down from the roof behind you. It's not really scarey, it just makes you freak for a few seconds until it arrives and then when it does you jump a bit. But making me jump helps i find, the first time some big thing came down from the roof after the initial shock, i was cursing away at high volume and it felt like i had a shot of adrenalin :D - i just kept shooting the thing until it had lost all its limbs :devil:

When your room is dark, you've got the nVidia 3D on, and some great sounding headphones it doesn't get a lot more immersive.

Oh and on a side note, electrical explosive bolts are totally freaking awesome, the electrical effect is the best i've ever seen too.

The one thing that gets me about this game, like kmanmx said, is the fps.

I have this at 1440x900 and graphics are cranked to the max and I can get 120fps with the vsync off.
My brothers E2160 and GT240 can max this game out and run great fps!!!

They did something special for this game. It's gorgeous and it runs so smooth I can't even believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom