CS AWP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Scout can still be aimed with no scope, the AWP can't since it will go anywhere.

2. You can be moving and still have accuracy on the scout.

3. Scout makes you run faster than having a knife even.
All of these are wrong, awp has larger calibre ammo so naturally it is going to be more precise than the scout. And if you don't know how to get headshots with the scout, my point stands that people who use the awp do not know how to properly snipe. You ALWAYS aim for the neck area, this is a part of the game that hasn't changed over the six years I've played. I'm not a sniper player and even I know this

And chances are close range you aren't going to have time to unload an entire deagle clip unless you are just aimlessly fire the first chance you get, at which point of course it's not going to be accurate

Based on your own "people steal my kill" comment you sound like a stat whore, not suprising considering you are an awp whore and the two go hand in hand

Don't get offensive or anything, after all it is a video game.

I am pretty sure I am right though, I just loaded up CSS and tested them.

If you are moving and try to noscope with the awp it's almost impossible to hit the other guy. Doesn't matter what the weapons like in real life, in the game the scout is more accurate.

I'm almost 100% sure that the scout is ligher than the knife, hence you run faster. That's why it's given to you on surf maps.

As for the stat thing, no I don't care about stats and I always play on whatever server has the lowest latency, damned if I care about rank. It's just way more fun to hear the loud noise of the awp and then get the kill rather than have someone take it from you (if you played regular css I guess it isnt an issue, I like deathmatch mod).

As for the deagle, that's probably also because I do deathmatch mod. You'll kill one guy with it then another will spawn right behind you and you're screwed.

The AK is just as easy to use I think, just a larger part is up to luck usually.

it doesnt matter. i say just play on servers with a 1 or 2 awp limit and you should be fine. i hate the auto snipers more. you can say that is has less dmg but he can get off 4 shots compared to 1 awp shot. the autosniper is for the weak. and for the record, i dont awp, it ****es me off but its a game so nobody needs to get worked up about it.

In source limb shots do 85 damage with the AWP (atleast from what I've played). But what gets on my nerves is when I shoot a person in the chest with a scout then the guy I shot shoots me in the leg with an AWP and kills me.

I also can't stand people who exploit the bolt action reloads (scout and AWP). It essentially makes it an autosniper that does more damage.

I am 100% sure the scout is at least just as fast moving as the knife. Weither it's faster is disputed. You can not move with the awp while firing unless your very lucky. At close range the awp is decent but most of the hits I've gotten no scoping were limb hits.

I perfer it locked but I don't mind having one running around per team. But it really pi*ses me off when it's the fourth time you get killed unexpectivly by an AWP.

Also I don't care how big the bullet is, an AWP bullet going through a 2 foot solid wall should not kill me especially when I shoot someone: once in the stomach, twice in the chest, and one in the head with an MP5 at 10 feet (vs like 100ft and through a wall) and they don't die.

I also don't believe "it's part of the game so it's fine". This can do nothing with the AWP but if there is anything overpowered it's not okay. The least Valve could do is get rid of the reload exploit.

When it comes to speed of movement with the weapons, all pistols, sub-machine guns, the scout, and the knife, are all very close if not exactly the same speed to run with. This is why I laugh when I see someone rushing with their knife out and get caught off guard and killed. RUSH WITH A PISTOL OR SMG, YOU WILL RUN JUST AS FAST AND NOT GET CAUGHT WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN.

The trouble with the AWP is that its too easy to kill with evidenced by the fact that experianced people with AWPs always get very high Kills and can dominate most maps. To say its expensive and therefore OK is a little silly as we all know that once one side has won a couple of rounds they build up cash and momentum and you ought to be able to afford an AWP pretty much every round.

IMHO the AWP should be nerfed a little, reduce the damage a bit esp. to limbs.
I don't think that a chest shot against someone with 100% health and armour should kill (Given that it takes 3-5 bullets in the chest from an assault rifle... Belive me kevlar isn't that good, all NATO rounds go though it) .

Or more realistically perhaps they should reduce the accuracy of the AWP.. you try shooting an sniper rifle that heavy from a standing position.

i personally never use the awp... i find myself w/ a rediculously inflated ratio and i feel dirty afterwards...

i only use the scout to snipe... you are kidding yourself or your a total noob if you think the awp is a difficult or balanced rifle.

it just really irks me when i get the first shot w/ a scout, hit them in the chest, and get killed by a shot in the leg by an awper

they should make the time it takes to zoom in longer... especially since the zoom is more powerful than the scout.

the awp is bs any way you cut it... at least it isnt automatic...

gaara said:
I don't particularily care about autosnipers as they are horribly innacurate weapons anyways

i agree....servers usually restrict them, but they're not really that much of a threat. and they're very expensive too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom