CS AWP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
post your comments about the AWP in Counter-Strike here.

I don't like that someone can kill me in one shot to the arm. The scout is alot more realistic in that unless you get a headshot or a chestshot on someone without armor, it takes two shots or more for a kill.

i like the awp. Although killing somone buy shooting them in their foot is rediculous.

awp has more weakpoints than any other gun though, you just have to know said weak points and have the equipment to counter it

awp like the other scoped rifles does not have a default crosshair, so unless you are good enough to be able to weapon switch between pistol, line up the crosshair and switch back to awp. So really they have to take a couple of seconds and switch to desired scope mode. It is also the slowest bolt action gun, both when firing and when moving

So pretty much, you gotta make sure you have a smoke grenade and that you are efficent with automatic rifles at a distance. So long as you hit the person in question, even if you don't kill them, the bullet will knock their POV around for a second. You can also use smoke screens. So either you have to be able to line them up and kill them before they get you, or you have to pull out your knife and manuever their shots and rush them. M4 with silencer is probably the best weapon to take an AWP IMO assuming you hide your location

but yes, at least in the old game, if you got shot anywhere other than head/chest/stomach it would only deal around 90dmg without armour, I can't survive an awp shot in source regardless of whether I have armour or not

It also depends a lot on the map and knowing key sniper nest locations

yea, sometimes its not that hard to counter a sniper. smoke grenade close to the nest, and then toss in a flash and rush in with automatic works alot.

you can also of course camp and force them to come to you, although this depends on what your team objective is

I dont mind one or 2 AWPers on a map but in my opinion the gun is overpowered and with a reasonable amount of practice you can easily get good enough with it to dominate most maps.

What I really HATE is where there are loads of AWPers and the game just becomes a snipe fest.

To be honest I think the game would benefit if the AWP was removed.

A lot of this is bull, you can survive an AWP shot as long as it isnt chest, neck or head.

Personally I'm an AWP whore in CSS. If I can every get an awp I will since it's just so much more fun than using most of the other guns. An AWP with a deagle is by no means easy to use, you have very little room for error before you're in a tight situation.

If you are close range and waste those 7 deagle shots you are pretty much screwed, where as if you have an AK or M4 you can miss a lot and still be all right.

Besides that, using an AWP isn't easy. It takes a while to get used to how long it takes the gun to settle before you can shoot an accurate shot, while still getting it off as soon as possible.

Plus it makes you run really slow, and every time you turn a corner is the prime time for you to get shot. With other guns going around a corner is the prime time for you to shoot someone else rather than be shot.

Speaking of that, I'd really like to do a game of CSS with forum members here if anyone can host it or knows of a good one to do. The one that's stickied seems to be down.

Hm whenever I pick up an awp my score goes good ATLEAST a 5-1 ratio... and i never snipe. I consider awping pretty easy because when I use any other gun its harder -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom