CPU usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he's definitely using the wrong core, look at the console output.

His says "Folding@Home Gromacs Core" and lists FahCore_78.exe as the working core.

On my SMP, it says "Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core" and uses FahCore_a3.exe as the working core. A3 is the new SMP core.

I think he misunderstood and added -smp to the filename of the shortcut and not to the Target field in the properties.

I stand corrected I missed that part:facepalm: post fixed.

Okay for the umph teen time THERE IS ONLY 1 CLIENT NOW

And honestly has ever onkly been 1 client. HE didn't start with -smp so he got a unicore core, fahcore_78.exe. He, if he added -smp to the target like i explained, will have to wait till the 78 units done, before it will run a smp unit.

Guys... youre gonna confuse the poor guy, and that is why i poseted the top of my log... as log as it has -smp in the arguments he has it right.

Btw, did you, Nos, get a passkey? without it, you'll be missing out on alot of points.
Folding@Home Passkey form

Okay for the umph teen time THERE IS ONLY 1 CLIENT NOW

And honestly has ever onkly been 1 client. HE didn't start with -smp so he got a unicore core, fahcore_78.exe. He, if he added -smp to the target like i explained, will have to wait till the 78 units done, before it will run a smp unit.

Guys... youre gonna confuse the poor guy, and that is why i poseted the top of my log... as log as it has -smp in the arguments he has it right.

Btw, did you, Nos, get a passkey? without it, you'll be missing out on alot of points.
Folding@Home Passkey form

THAN I WAS RIGHT!!!! lolfailonmeforgivingin
Sorry patonb, you're babysitting n00bs.

On the subject of passkeys I didn't know it posed any real increase in numbers. I just got mine setup on my 4 clients so does that mean more score?

Only on smp.

The passkey is used to get in the bonus program.. So with the bonus program, the pts for my q6600 goes from 481pts to 2200pts per unit.

So, i think thats a bit of a increse. Though, theres no extra on cpu unicores or on gpu units. Other than the security of knowing you can't have them points zero'd out.

Sorry I didn't come back to this thread yesterday. Got pretty busy. The good news is it is working at 100% now. It did switch after it was finished with the unit it was working on. And I got a passkey set up as well. Thanks for all of the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom