CPU much hotter after Win 10

That's quiet possibly the limit with your coolers if they are stock coolers. In all honesty, those temps are almost perfect if they are load tempertures...

Yea those are good temps but you have to take into account heat soak. If you play long periods your temps will rise as the metal heats and the air gets saturated with heat. Lower RPM fans will not blow the heat out fast enough. It's why I prefer a specific setup and recommend it all the time. An AIO hydro cooler on the CPU blowing the CPU heat out of the case and reference blower cards blowing the heat out. You won't have heat soak and you can use lower RPM fans to keep a steady temp and airflow in your case without higher amounts of volume.

Like I was saying before though, the metal "grills" where you mount the fans hamper airflow significantly, and more so with lower RPM fans not designed for static pressure. That's why I insisted on you just cutting them out. Your fans will be able to work more efficiently. This thread believe it or not actually got me off my *** to change my fan configuration since the stock fans in this case suck ***. Now that I have 3 cards in my machine it'll help greatly with heat.

Yeah those are load temps in BF4 after 15 minutes. I'm on 1080p but run 175% resolution scale with 2xMSAA, so the equivalent of somewhere between 2k and 4k. Unless I don't understand res. scale, but the fps matches up with benchmarks.

Now you've piqued my interest in cutting some metal, I'll have to try it out if this setup holds up after some longer gaming sessions.

See how high your average temps are after like an hour or so of good gaming. If they don't go 10 or so degrees higher from heat soak then it might not be necessary but I personally love hacking up cheap cases so I'd do it anyways :lol:

I once cut a whole drive cage out to fit a custom loop in a small case.

DSCN2049.jpg~original

Finally got a chance to game for an hour and a half. Started off with the front and top fans on low by accident, but it just helped create the heat soak quicker. The CPU slowly got up to 67C and stayed there, so a pretty big jump from the 55C. Not unsafe, but not great either. The GPU only went up to 81C from 77C. Further tested by lowering the fans and letting it get a bit hotter, and then turning them back up to see if it would cool it back down. It did. No real sound difference between high and low so I may as well not have them on the controller. I think I'm happy with it as is for now. I always have the option of case modding or adding fans, but no need at this point.

Back
Top Bottom