Courtesy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't find this at all here. Pretty much everyone holds doors for people and are willing to help anytime. Sure there are ***holes just like in any other city but they're few and far between.

I feel like on most days I'm a nice guy. Ask me 5 years ago and the story would have been different. I thought I was the only important thing. But at 16-17 I think most guys do.

Well while I was at the shops the other day I held a door open for a old lady, thats just me I hold the door for others it's just common curtsey. **** I was in the shop and a short woman who worked there was struggling getting a box down off a stock trolly I said do you want a hand. I think it;s just polite to do so.

^ I do stuff like that too but probably not as much. I try and make a little polite small talk when I'm out shopping, too. Gotten a lot of phone numbers that way ;)

I was raised the same way as you, Pyro. It seems the younger people are the ruder they are anymore. All you can do is shake your head and go on, unfortunately.

I guess, Havoc, she figured you were already answering questions so she would toss hers in too. ;)

Hey now! I'm one of those young folks, I'm polite as can be. I hold the door for anyone that's close to coming in/leaving a place I'm at and always hold the door for people I'm with and go in last. I say sir and ma'am, I smile at people, nod my head at people, I'm a very polite driver (I'm 21 with zero accidents/tickets/warnings/anything, which is hard to say for alot of 21 year olds), If I'm with a group of friends eating out I try to cover the whole tip if not most of it, I've even helped a few old ladies put their groceries in their car.

But it is true that a lot of younger people have lost their sence of courtesy towards others. Maybe they just havent been taught by their parents? I'm generally a nice guy to others, but I can be a huge ******* if provoked.

That's no excuse for trying to make everyone else around you as miserable as you are. I have bad days but I am still polite and courteous. I will say please and thank you and hold doors for people because that would make the both of us feel a bit better.

I also hate that saltynay. When I'm walking down the sidewalk I always go out of my way to make room for other people even if it means walking on the grassy part of the sidewalk and if I hadn't moved we would bump into each other and of course that would make both of us angry. There's really no excuse for not being courteous. I am with you on this one Pyro.

It's not like everyone's going out of their way to be ***holes... sometimes people have a bad day and their actions reflect it, but they might think later, "Darn, I accidentally bumped into that guy cuz I was too focused on my own frustration."

When I walked out of Buffalo Wild Wings (omg amazing) last night, 2 dbags were standing in the doorway RIGHT outside smoking. No smoking in the restaurant = I shouldn't have to smell/inhale that stuff, yet there they are in the only choke point. Naturally, my friend and I agreed that they were dbags, and we moved on. Sometimes people don't realize they're being inconsiderate, including you.

It's not like everyone's going out of their way to be ***holes... sometimes people have a bad day and their actions reflect it, but they might think later, "Darn, I accidentally bumped into that guy cuz I was too focused on my own frustration."

When I walked out of Buffalo Wild Wings (omg amazing) last night, 2 dbags were standing in the doorway RIGHT outside smoking. No smoking in the restaurant = I shouldn't have to smell/inhale that stuff, yet there they are in the only choke point. Naturally, my friend and I agreed that they were dbags, and we moved on. Sometimes people don't realize they're being inconsiderate, including you.

I. Love. Buffalo. Wild. Wings. You can't beat boneless wings with BBQ sauce and an ice cold pint of Blue Moon :) . All the TV's with every game on. It's like heaven.

Things such as that is uncalled for. If you are a smoker, don't blow smoke on someone else, kill your own lungs. I have been out to eat so many times in a smoking-permitted resturaunt, and sometimes the people I eat with have the WORST manners possible.

I was raised on the fact that you should not use elbows on the dinner table. If you are wearing a hat, take it off. Don't chew with you're mouth open or try talking when it's full. And I try my best to abide by that even if I am the only one. And it just irritates the crap out of me to watch someone, particularly in my party, sitting there breaking these rules.

I've been so many places and guys I sit with will smoke at the table, while you're trying to eat an appetizer or even a little bit into whenever you get your food, and then light another one up just the second they are finished. Whether you are finished or not. And they are wearing a hat the whole time and it just irritates the **** out of me.

I honestly think that there should be like a schooling on how to be a man. Maybe have a big incentive for going through this course and have it just like BMT (Basic Military Training). The one thing I admire greatly about our military is the fact they still have manners and use sir and ma'am. They enter building the first thing that comes off is their cover, and when they are back out it goes back on. You speak only when spoken to and if you fail, everyone fails and are punished for it.

Alot of my friends are airmen and soliders, they have the upmost respect for people and only get their respect when they are in uniform or it's a time of war. Like Saxxon said, there are always the anti's. I've been to Airforce and Army basic and AIT graduations and the guys are so disciplined and well taught. They stand up straight and use the proper manners they were taught, they open doors and help people out. I've seen this first hand. Of course, like anything else, there are always those that are far too thick-headed to learn.

That was one of the better things about school in my early ages, you didn't have the snotty teachers like I have seen recently in schools particularly around here. When I was in elementary, you said yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am, no ma'am, sorry, excuse me and thank you. If you messed up, there was a board on the wall or in the desk, and it would have your name on it before the day was out. Then your parents knew and had similar plans.

Things such as that is uncalled for. If you are a smoker, don't blow smoke on someone else, kill your own lungs. I have been out to eat so many times in a smoking-permitted resturaunt, and sometimes the people I eat with have the WORST manners possible.

I was raised on the fact that you should not use elbows on the dinner table. If you are wearing a hat, take it off. Don't chew with you're mouth open or try talking when it's full. And I try my best to abide by that even if I am the only one. And it just irritates the crap out of me to watch someone, particularly in my party, sitting there breaking these rules.

I've been so many places and guys I sit with will smoke at the table, while you're trying to eat an appetizer or even a little bit into whenever you get your food, and then light another one up just the second they are finished. Whether you are finished or not. And they are wearing a hat the whole time and it just irritates the **** out of me.

I honestly think that there should be like a schooling on how to be a man. Maybe have a big incentive for going through this course and have it just like BMT (Basic Military Training). The one thing I admire greatly about our military is the fact they still have manners and use sir and ma'am. They enter building the first thing that comes off is their cover, and when they are back out it goes back on. You speak only when spoken to and if you fail, everyone fails and are punished for it.

Alot of my friends are airmen and soliders, they have the upmost respect for people and only get their respect when they are in uniform or it's a time of war. Like Saxxon said, there are always the anti's. I've been to Airforce and Army basic and AIT graduations and the guys are so disciplined and well taught. They stand up straight and use the proper manners they were taught, they open doors and help people out. I've seen this first hand. Of course, like anything else, there are always those that are far too thick-headed to learn.

That was one of the better things about school in my early ages, you didn't have the snotty teachers like I have seen recently in schools particularly around here. When I was in elementary, you said yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am, no ma'am, sorry, excuse me and thank you. If you messed up, there was a board on the wall or in the desk, and it would have your name on it before the day was out. Then your parents knew and had similar plans.

I don't think I've ever eaten without elbows on the table. I don't wear hats, but if I did, I wouldn't take it off... I'm sure I talk with food in my mouth sometimes, but I don't do it in a gross way. I'm just laid back and don't worry about that kind of stuff... I'm sure I would for a business meeting or something, but not with family or friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom