Considering Getting a MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megadeth2 said:
Pilot, I'm not going to use an buy only PC software. I just don't want to have get rid of all my existing software. I will always have a PC running. Secondly, I'm fed up with the way Windows is unstable, crashes so frequently, and is a piece of garbage and prone to hackers. Max OS X isn't since there are hardly any hackers on Mac!

I hope you will not be working on a network with this Mac if you are expecting stability. All day long I hear the annoying sounds of the infamous dong of a rebooting Mac (the sound of death I call it). Although I must agree that OSX is quite stable they do crash very often here at work. I support about 70 Macintoshes with a mix of OS9 & OSX and they make up about 60% of our troubleshooting :(

Yes I do work on a Mac here at work as well as PC. I talked to various Mac fanatics here at work who have G5's at home and they say they are VERY happy with them and OSX and rarely crash like they do here at work so I know its something to do with the network :) I'm not some jerk ass who only likes PC's cause as much as I love them, I know on our Macs I will never have to worry about them catching a virus that has been wide spread or flippin spyware!! Although I could kill all our Macs here running OS9!!! :)

Win2kpatcher said:
I support about 70 Macintoshes with a mix of OS9 & OSX and they make up about 60% of our troubleshooting :(

They tend to crash when you try to start Classic mode most often. Or at least the ones I deal with do. My computer doesn't have OS 9 on it at all which is a curse (I am up to my head in classic games I can't run) and a blessing (it has NEVER crashed, and I have used it for networking, Flash, games, etc.)

And thanks, Stevo!

Edit: I wonder if never using classic mode in OS X will reduce crashes??

macdude425 said:
They tend to crash when you try to start Classic mode most often. Or at least the ones I deal with do. My computer doesn't have OS 9 on it at all which is a curse (I am up to my head in classic games I can't run) and a blessing (it has NEVER crashed, and I have used it for networking, Flash, games, etc.)

And thanks, Stevo!

Edit: I wonder if never using classic mode in OS X will reduce crashes??

aghh finally someone who is willing to talk...usually its like baghh I love my Mac go buy one I hate pc's..haha... Yea actually mine has a dual boot system with OS9 & OSX 10.3 panther and my OSX never has a problem when not using classic OS9 in the background. The only thing they may cause it to hang is when I leave it idle for a long time with network drives mapped and bring it out of its sleep state it usually has a hard time coming back up, but finally comes back up on the screen letting me know it lost its connections with its server etc etc...other than that I really like OSX for its stability. Which protocl does OSX use? Still the Apple Talk or normal tcp/ip?

i dont want to hijack this thread sorry about that. You can PM if you would like with the answers to my questions, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom