Computers in Workgroup, need Password authenication

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. I have 4 total computers running in a workgroup. 3 of those computers are Windows XP Pro, and the other one is Windows 7 X64. I have alot of folders/files shared on the network because the one computer is a backup server that backs everything up (XP Pro Computer). When I go into My Network Places on any of the XP Pro Machines and click on the Windows 7 computer, it brings up a box asking for a username and password and I enter the username and password of the WIndows 7 machine and it lets me in.. Now if Im on my Windows 7 computer or any of the Xp Pro machines going into the other XP Pro machines, it doesnt ask me for a username and password, it just continues to the computer and anyone can see what im sharing. My question, how can I make it so that whenever any computer is clicked, it needs to require a Username and Password for the XP Pro machines? Is there anything in the Group Policy or any other setting?

I really need this done!

Thanks!!

Right, I did that.. But I want it setup so that whenever anyone goes into My Network Places and clicks on the Computer, it will ask for a Password and Username.. Its still not doing this..?

Off the top of my head I do not know how to do that as I have never needed to.

If files cannot be accessed without a pass there is not much someone can do as long as hidden admin shares are disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom