Computer Stutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammerben87

Beta member
Hi Guys I'm hoping you can help me with a strange problem ive experienced recently.

I installed Crysis on my computer, which i assume changed some drivers, since then my computer has started stuttering when ive scrolled too fast in an internet explorer (any of them), and its really bad when i play online games like Guild Wars (my favorite game so this is annoying me a lot).

I have tried updating all my drivers plus uninstalled Crysis. I have even re-installed windows since then and nothing seems to work, could it be a hardware problem (overheated card) bearing in mind i played crysis for a while after installing before trying the other games?

Any help would be useful. Thanks.

Computer specs as far as i can find out:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
2048MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Realtek HD Audio output
4core1333-GLAN motherboard

is there any way to identify any hardware defects such as a damaged video card? Also cysis itself seemed to run ok, it was just when i played online games and scrolled in explorer windows. Though all this worked fine before crysis.

I've tried updating the video drivers several time, never had any effect. Can changes in direct x drivers cause this kind if thing?

* Did you go to device manager and update your drivers maually there? or did you just use the Nvidia driver installer?

* Have you set page file to a static amount? with 2GB RAM I would suggest maybe 1024MB, 512MB, or even disable it if you don't use more than 2GB memory. Basically, use as small amount as you can get away with.

* It could just be the amount of disk-thrashing on your hard drive. Which could be caused by an antivirus program, and/or too much fragmentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom