Computer --> Sony TA-AX311 --> speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

experiencethis

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I have a bit of a prob with my receiver/amp. I have an 1/8th in audio jack going from my computer audio out to an rca splitter then to one of the inputs on the back of the receiver. Then I connect my speakers to the back of the amp and I dont get any sound. I have tried different speakers, but they dont work. Mind you, these are all bare speakers: just the cone, magnet and two terminals, but i didnt think that should matter. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any input on this?

i have a feeling you mean 2 rca jacks and not splitter right? kind of like this
hf081301.jpg

anyway you need to adjust your reciever to the correct input in order for it to pick up the signal from your pc audio

Sorry, yes, what is in the picture is what I have. Umm...I think it is already configured the way it should be, because I plugged my headphones in to the reciever and it plays just fine. The problem is that I'm not getting anything from the back speaker outputs.

let me see if i got it right , so your saying that in your "front" speakers its all good and you hear it well but you dont hear anything from the "rear" speakers? , are you sure you adjusted the speaker configuration properly in the reciever? , do you have the surround/multi channel mode on? , anyway just FYI the signal sent from the pc to the reciever is 2ch stereo so even if youll get it to work it will not be like a real surround played from dvd for example , also maybe your reciever dont support automatic 2ch stereo to 4.1/5.1 etc ch conversion when in surround mode , try this and report results : put a dvd that have dolby digital audio in your dvd player (i assume that a person that have a reciever will also have one but i might be wrong) and set the right input (digital input that is not analog) now do you hear in all speakers?

Ok..

I geuss I was a little vague, but no, Im not doing a 4 channel surround sound. I just have two bare speakers hooked up to the outputs in the back of the receiver, and it wasnt getting any sound, so i figured I'd test the reciever with headphones just to make sure it works, which it does because I got sound out of the headphones.

i see , are these speakers marked? (i mean if they have a model printed somewhere) , also how much OHM are they? in alot of cases its printed on top of the magnet

The only thing printed on there is: B16AR90PF-01FW

its from a klipsch 4.1 speaker system where i pulled the speakers out from the subwoofer.

i think that explains it all , if i remember correctly subwoofer speakers are specially designed to produce bass only and they cant produce sound

:eek: :confused: :amazed:

thats what i would have thought, but the people that worked at Fry's electronics told me otherwise, maybe they're dumb, idk. But another thing that got me was that when i tried to connect regular speakers, nothing happened. It seemed like there was no power running through the wires.

do you have the speaker switch on, on the receiver? the amplifier obviously works because you heard the headphone fine. 90% of the time, if the transistors of the receiver is bad, you will get distorted sound or no sound out of the headphone jack.

you will get sound out of the subwoofer if it works. it will be bass only if it's crossover already or it will be bass with shitty sounding midrange if it's not crossovered.

take a 1.5 volt AA or AAA battery to the positive and negative terminal of your speakers to see if it will work. it will pop out if it works.

that said, you might have a stuck speaker output relay on your receiver

what kind of receiver is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom