Computer Shuts Off....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrusty

Beta member
Okay, I'm new but I think this question will blow the mind of some people on here.

I have a home built machine with this:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.20GHz
1GB of Ram
80GB Hard Drive
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
ATI Video Card.
Running XP Home

I'm a music education major, and I use this music notation software called: Finale

Well the problem only happens when I use this program. I have reinstalled it, and got the latest patchs on it, and I even called them and they said that the program could not cause this to happen.

Well I will be using the program, and when I do a playback to listen to what I wrote, or when I try to save it as a MP3 my computer will just shut off.

Not like Windows is shutting down, flat out just turn off. Then to get the computer to turn back on I have to unplug the power cable to the Tower, then plug it back in...and then my computer will turn back on.

Well you might now be thinking that its my power supply...well I already replaced it with a 680watt one less then a month ago, and the Window's reinstall is less then a month old also.

I have ran Virus Check and Spyware check, and it all comes out clean.

I have also updated my sound drivers to the most recent ones out there.

Does ANYBODY have any think that can help me out with this? I don't really know what else to do, because it only does it in this program. When I'm writting music on it, its fine....but when I do a playback thats when it shuts off. Not right away, but after about 30 secs, then it will.

So I'm clueless....any suggestions?

jtrusty said:
Okay, I'm new but I think this question will blow the mind of some people on here.

I have a home built machine with this:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.20GHz
1GB of Ram
80GB Hard Drive
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
ATI Video Card.
Running XP Home

I'm a music education major, and I use this music notation software called: Finale

Well the problem only happens when I use this program. I have reinstalled it, and got the latest patchs on it, and I even called them and they said that the program could not cause this to happen.

Well I will be using the program, and when I do a playback to listen to what I wrote, or when I try to save it as a MP3 my computer will just shut off.

Not like Windows is shutting down, flat out just turn off. Then to get the computer to turn back on I have to unplug the power cable to the Tower, then plug it back in...and then my computer will turn back on.

Well you might now be thinking that its my power supply...well I already replaced it with a 680watt one less then a month ago, and the Window's reinstall is less then a month old also.

I have ran Virus Check and Spyware check, and it all comes out clean.

I have also updated my sound drivers to the most recent ones out there.

Does ANYBODY have any think that can help me out with this? I don't really know what else to do, because it only does it in this program. When I'm writting music on it, its fine....but when I do a playback thats when it shuts off. Not right away, but after about 30 secs, then it will.

So I'm clueless....any suggestions?

perhap it's bad ram. run memtest86.

I made a guide in the "Hardware Troubleshooting" section for random reboots:D Have a look at that, and that should help you out!

If my guide doesnt set you straight, then definitely post back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom