Computer my friend's thinking about getting

Status
Not open for further replies.
gateways

hey, i work with gateways, and they arent extreme crap, but they are way overpriced, and i hate that they are all integrated (everything is proprietary, or built on to the motherboard), which means you cant upgrade it (even a hard drive addition requires sending off your pc and spending 3x as much as you should), i would go with a vpr matrix, they are totally component (except for the nic, but o well, you can override it) mine had 6 pci slots and an agp, 4 total 5.25" bays, 2 3.5" bays and 2 hdd slots, ill post a link in a few

Re: gateways

dethangel said:
hey, i work with gateways, and they arent extreme crap, but they are way overpriced, and i hate that they are all integrated (everything is proprietary, or built on to the motherboard), which means you cant upgrade it (even a hard drive addition requires sending off your pc and spending 3x as much as you should)

LOL! sorry man,...but this is exactly why i consider them crapy:D

what i meant was

for the average user, they would be fine, since most people dont bother to upgrade their own machines, and if they do they send it off, since i work at the school, i can get parts and install them myself, although i would never ever in a billion years own a dell, gateway, compac, etc. as they are all overpriced and there is always at least one component i want to replace when i see a prebuilt comp (not always the same part, but i just always see something and i say"i would have to upgrade that") but usually its the ram or video card, but in other words dell/gateways are crap for gamers and such but for peeps only doing wp or web browsing, they would be ok, but they arent total crap like emachines rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom