Computer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrokiller(DL)

Beta member
Ok im not sure what happened but my computer has been having some problems lately, i think its my graphics card but im not sure.
The other day i was playing counter-strike and the blue screen of death came up and my computer crashed. I think it said something like overclocking failure but i wasnt overclocking anything. I had to redo some BIOs settings and i got it to work again. When i got on my graphics card wasnt very stable. What i mean by that is when i would play counter-strike i usually get the max fps which is 99-101. When i was playing my FPS would fluctuate from 40-90. I am not sure what the problem is, the drivers are updated. All the settings seem fine. I have a FX5950 Ultra 256 mb, AMD 64 3400+, 2 x 512 mb Corsair. Any suggestions welcome.

what have you been messing with in your bios, there's no such error that includes "overclocking" in the subject with windows.

i bet on eof ur sicks of ram is bad go to google and type in memtest86 v3.2 u put this program on a floppy and have ur computer start up on floppy it will do a indepth check of ur ram. or u cna take on stick out play cs and see what happens an do the same for teh other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom