Computer freezing after/during games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I might take it back if I can't fix it. When he updated the BIOS, the previous version was very old and he didn't read that in the description of the new one that you couldn't jump straight to that version. Anyway, he flashed the new BIOS and then the computer wouldn't reboot. Then he jumped on his other comp, get it on floppy and force install on my comp at startup. After he got that working I thought everything was fine. I'm sure this error I get only when playing BF2 must be some setting to tweak.

Ok now I see what's going on. I have Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe and the firmware he installed is 1502 which is only supported by the M2N-SLI Deluxe... Since these are different boards can this possibly be the culprit?

How can I install the latest correct version for my motherboard without screwing things up?

Sorry my mistake, after double checking it is just M2N-sli deluxe.

I just went through the BIOS settings with the manufacturers handbook and everything appears normal.
I guess my last option is to look at vista? Do you think reformatting back to Windows XP will make any difference? If not, then I give up with this thing.

Hello,

I highly doubt that it is Vista. I have it installed and running just fine on my PC. If anything i would say that maybe your install got corrupted with a install of some software. But i would not say that Vista alone is to blame.

Cheers,
Mak

I took a look at pictures of this board. It's got a lot of plumbing that's all tied together. It could be the southbridge(disk controller etc) is getting a little too warm causing it to lock up. The CPU and Vista will be sitting there waiting for southbridge to cool off and start functioning again.

To prove me wrong, try installing a fan that will blow air on the center fins of the of the heatpipe assembly. Then play your game or anything you do to cause the problem.

By looking at the design ASUS assumed that a high airflow fan on the CPU would be used. A case with a 120mm fan built into side panel would ideally suited for this board.

I was just playing for half an hour, the temp didn't exceed 46 degrees and no freezing problems at all! normally it gets to 51 degrees and freezes.

My case has a side fan but it doesn't blow air directly onto the heatpipe.

I was just playing for half an hour, the temp didn't exceed 46 degrees and no freezing problems at all! normally it gets to 51 degrees and freezes.

My case has a side fan but it doesn't blow air directly onto the heatpipe.

51c for the CPU is a very good temperature. The southbridge doesn't have a sensor that can be monitored. It could very well be getting hotter than what's safe for the chip. What do you have for case cooling? A modification may help solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom