Computer freezing after/during games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

RAID is where you use 2 HDD and make them act like 1. This is for redundency.

RAID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check the Asus website for the appropiate drivers. Being Asus doesnt mean they dont use the nVidia chipset.

Do you mena disabled it in the BIOS? If so it shouldnt affect the performance if you dont use RAID.

Cheers,
Mak

How do I know if I have/use RAID?

If I don't use it then I'll just disable or uninstall it.

Hello,

You would know cause you have to manually setup RAID. You have to setup the configuration yourself. It is not done automatically.

Plus you can tell cause if you have 2 hard drives installed that are 250GB you would see them both. Compared to RAID where it would only show 250GB instead of 1 drive at 250GB depending on teh RAID config used.

Cheers,
Mak

**** I still get this problem. I uninstalled all the RAID device stuff, I'm not even using RAID but still get this freeze ONLY when playing bf2 then after 5-10 minutes it goes back to normal and the RAID error is in the log.

Any more ideas?

After browsing through BIOS there is JMicron RAID Controller set to IDE - could this be the problem? and if I disable this will I lose everything on the HDD?

Hello,

You wont lose anything on the hard drive unless you format it. The only thing you could do by disabling it is stop the mobo from recognizing the hard drive and you cant boot. That is worse case.

I would check for a update to your drivers. Possibly check for a updated BIOS.

Cheers,
Mak

You just reminded me, I only started getting this problem when the computer tech updated by BIOS, I'll check for a newer version and let you know how it goes, thanks.

You just reminded me, I only started getting this problem when the computer tech updated by BIOS, I'll check for a newer version and let you know how it goes, thanks.

That may the problem. Updating the bios automatically resets everything back to default. The tech probably didn't write the original settings down. The CPU/memory voltages may off from what they were. Memory timings could be off too. There are others settings that could be wrong also.

I think your quite right.

I have Asus m2n-SLI Deluxe motherboard, BIOS 1502 - strange I couldn't see this version listed on the asus website for my mobo. Not sure if it's the latest.

Since everything was reset after the updated BIOS, I have no idea what setting it could be causing this error that I have to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom