Comparison of Win7/Vista/XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said that Windows 7 would be the last 32 Bit OS. I showed how your statement was said almost 2 years ago now and is proven wrong. Cause Windows 7 is in fact a 32 Bit OS. So if Server 08 was to be the last 32 Bit OS that would mean that there would be no 32 Bit versions of Windows 7. ;)

The article is now 2 years old and was released after Vista/Server 08 hit the market. Or somewhere near where Server 08 hit the market. So my statement that this was said before and proven wrong is very correct.

win7info.png

That pic right there shows that the articles posted back in 2007 are in fact incorrect. As it shows Windows 7 and 32 Bit Operating System. Now how would that be possible if Server 08 was the last one. ;)

You would be talking about a shell with a limited gui tossed on it not a full featured OS with all services running.

Your exact statement. So how can it be a limited GUI with only a shell but yet still be a functional OS? I mean if it was a limited GUI you wouldnt have the special effects that it offers right? You wouldnt have Aero. I mean why have Aero and the Aero Snap and all that if it is a limited GUI?

Same thing for it being a shell. What point would it be for Microsoft to limit the OS that much? I mean we wouldnt be giving accurate feedback on bugs and issues if it was that limited. We would be giving false reports. Since we would be using a OS that wasnt capable of doing anything.

I am merely pointing out that Win7 is a OS. It does still do everything that a OS needs to do. Yes somethings are turned off. But those are things for IT Pros that have large amount of machines to work with. This is a Beta. That kinda stuff isnt needed.

The only thing Beta means is a product in testing. IT has to be a full product in testing cause well i just explained it. If it wasnt what would be the point of us testing it. Cause all our feedback would be incorrect. It would be based off of data that is incomplete and completely useless to Microsoft in getting the product ready for final release.

Your statement saying that the best comparison will be when it is released is correct. There is still much to be done with the Beta OS. So right now we are working with a incomplete OS in these tests. They are just a starting point. They are to show what progress is being made.

I am just trying to make sure that people understand that Win7 is a full functional OS for their purposes. It does work.

The other articles I was referring to pointed at 7 as being the last version to see the 32bit kernel in use. You may have been thinking about another article that pointed to Vista being the last like the one seen at Slashdot | Microsoft To Dump 32-Bit After Vista

2008 puts that to shame fast as well as your testing on 7 presently. But even in 2007 you ran into various blogs about 7 then.

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 7 will most likely be the last Windows operating system available in 32-bit, and given the rapid advances Windows Vista is making in the 64-bit computing market, this seems a sensible decision." Vista successor, Windows 7 to be released next year?

I simply wait until something is released on the MS pages rather then buy into the hype. There is one curiosity however in an article that came out last fall titled: "Microsoft strips email and photo apps from Windows 7" Apparently some of the usual features like Windows Mail will no longer come included in Windows according to the article seen at Microsoft strips email and photo apps from Windows 7 | News | Custom PC

Yeah, well I thought that Microsoft decided to leave out alot of programs that have come with Windows in the past because the average user doesn't even use them, but I also heard you could download them from their website for Windows 7.

There are some basics that they can not avoid putting in for basic functionality, Notepad is one that they can't get rid of it get's used on a daily basis by millions world wide, Calculator most people don't realise it even exists but use it alot when they know it's there, Things like games (mine sweeper), Back up an restore and a few other apps can go as most people just don't use them at all, ever.

Anything of a practical value should not be removed by MS they need to add more productiviy software, I would like to see some form of virtual disk support. OSX has it built in to the OS as standard it dose not have to be the best in the world it just needs some basic support.

Eye i dont get you at all. I already showed you proof that this was said during the Vista Beta. You even quoted a article yourself.

My post 28 is form May 2007 BEFORE VISTA was released. It was released in NOV of 2007. Then your post #29 you give the very same article that says taht Server 08 will be the last one with 32 Bit. Yet again proving my point!

Now you are trying to go back and say that those were not true and now Win7 will be hte last one???

But we have already shown that talk like that cant be trusted! So WHY believe it now?????

If Server/Vista was supposed to be the last 32 Bit and we have a 32 Bit Windows 7 WHY would talks of this being the last 32 Bit OS hold any truth to it??? Seriously.

Why are you trying to go back and show what you said being true. Anyone can see that it is all lies anyways. Cause they very same stuff was said 2 years ago and was not true so there is no way they will believe it now. Stop trying to backtrack and show that you were right with your comments. They said this before. They were not true. They say it now. Most likely, not true.

Yes they removed mail, Paint is still in there. They removed the Photo Viewer. Cause they are trying to Integrate Windows Live which HAS all of that already. So why include 2 versions? Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Photo Gallery and Windows Photo Viewer. Makes no sense....

Mail and Live Mail are almost identical. Only difference i have seen is the name. Plus this is a benefit for them. This will stop the EU from trying to say that Microsoft is prevent competition by having the software bundled.

Now people are free to choose which Email software and photo software they want. Just like Vista has a welcome screen so will Win7 with all links needed.

You know in the UK i havent seen any issues with the UK anti monopoly stuff, IE is still pre installed same with outlook.

That was one issue I thougt was settled some years back about IE being builtin where Netscape and others were screaming about it and Microsoft ended up with some type of daily fine to pay for the antitrust violation or whatever. Yet if you look at Solaris, Linux, Apple/Mac, and any other you will find they include a browser of their own along with the OSs there.

Well in the UK it was never upheld for some reason, I know when i was in spain recently not one of the computers i used had IE installed or on the one case that i did find it was on a pirated copy of XP.

I think Germany, France and Belgum are really hammering down on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom