Comcast Throttles BitTorrent Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was basically the same story for me, and they always claimed it was always our equipment causing the problems.

The TV going out couldn't possibly be related to the bad internet connection, it must be this coax cable that you have. Here, let me replace it with a tiny one going right across the room and take yours without asking.

Gee, it must be this modem you own. Here, try leasing this one from us for 5 extra dollars a month. You don't already pay way too much for our service.

Hmm, your router must be dying after working flawlessly for 2 years. Have you tried getting a new one?

Long story short, it still didn't work. See ya, Comcast!

Think you have it bad......... at least you have a high speed connection. I pay $60 a month for satellite, d/l speeds less then 100kbps.......

thank god I have verizon in my area. I pay like 20 a month for a 768kb/s line, its not the fastest thing but its a reliable connection, and i get like 160-200 dl speed. although i will say this about comcast, we recently upgraded to digital cable w/ the hd package, and it wasn't working very well, and we couldn't get hd channels, and after tinkering with it for a while the guy who came out replaced every single wire goign from the telephone pole to our house, well, only the lines that he could get lines for. which was pretty much every wire short of electrical lines. and they only charged us for what they actually were called in to do. so i got a sweet new setup of wires for free.

thank god I have verizon in my area. I pay like 20 a month for a 768kb/s line, its not the fastest thing but its a reliable connection, and i get like 160-200 dl speed. although i will say this about comcast, we recently upgraded to digital cable w/ the hd package, and it wasn't working very well, and we couldn't get hd channels, and after tinkering with it for a while the guy who came out replaced every single wire goign from the telephone pole to our house, well, only the lines that he could get lines for. which was pretty much every wire short of electrical lines. and they only charged us for what they actually were called in to do. so i got a sweet new setup of wires for free.

you are suppose to make them do that whenever you get a digital connection.

don't comcast in new york have a 50mbps service?

Oh man I had DirecPC for 2 years. It blowed hard, and then DSL came to our area. It owned, enough said.

Wow no wonder my speed has gone down from 18MBps to 6Mbps. Fcking Comcast and they dont even tell their customers.

So they lowered the DL speed on anything even to those that doesnt use Torrents? Cuz I noticed my speed gone down.

Here's my speed before...

Then after....

I wouldn't be *****ing pinoy, you're still over a meg per second (at least in the 2nd screen shot), I think you'll live :p

Comcast and AT&T/roadrunner are the biggest anti-p2p isps aroun d this has been known for a while, also most of the cease and desist letters are sent to comcast customers

ye but i can notice the difference. sometimes the speed goes down to 2mb on certain occasion.

Thats the nature of cable internet, it is a shared medium. You basically 'share' bandwidth with your neighbors that are on the same node. DSL is different in that each line to the gateway or CO is a dedicated line. The bottleneck with DSL is after it hits the gateway/CO, and is on the trunks.... This issue is with all forms of internet, cable & DSL, that aren't expensive leased lines... The problem is 'overbooking'. Every ISP does it. They will have a pipe, lets say it's 1.5 Meg, and they will provision 3.0 - 4.5 Megs worth of circuits across it (200% - 300% overbooking). It is on the basis that not every circuit will be utilized 100% all of the time. I doubt an ISP would tell you about overbooking and if any trouble you have is due to it, but you can ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom