Comcast Throttles BitTorrent Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Comcast Throttles BitTorrent Traffic

It appears that Comcast has increased their fight against Bittorent. Users are reporting very low download speeds and the inability to seed anything.

Over the past weeks more and more Comcast users started to notice that their BitTorrent transfers were cut off. Most users report a significant decrease in download speeds, and even worse, they are unable to seed their downloads. A nightmare for people who want to keep up a positive ratio at private trackers and for the speed of BitTorrent transfers in general.

good luck to comcast. they have no idea how many customers they're going to lose. if that happened with my ISP id switch over instantly.

I'd rather have NO Internet at all than to have to deal with fascists and monopolies (one way or the other).

Make your stand today! Sodaen Revolt Squad 2008.

You can encrypt the data... uTorrent is the only client I know of with this option, but I'm sure that many others, if not most, have this option.
How would an ISP be able to distinguish between BT traffic and HTTP traffic? You could just set your client to DL over port 80..

man this makes me mad! In the Digg article (same just expanded with more info) the CEO said that just becuaes you buy a 49.99 3mbps dl plan, doesent mean you have the right to block up the network by using all of it. Which is total BS. I might be moving to roadrunner, does roadrunner have this cap also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom