COD5 release date:cool or disrespectful??

Status
Not open for further replies.

erkster

In Runtime
ok so i went to EB games and pre-ordered cod5 world at war and when i asked the guy when the release date was,he told me it was remembrance day.

so i think that they might just make people mad because releasing a war game on remembrance day on purpose just seems disrespectful to me,i mean every one that we remember on remembrance day risked their lives so that we would have freedom,and not have to live in fear.

what do you guys think??

I've never heard anyone refer to it as anything but Veteran's Day. Weird. And I don't see it as disrespectful or rude at all. Resistance 2 is released on November 4th, so by that logic you could say they are trying to get adult men not to vote because they will be at home playing Resistance 2.

I think its supposed to be a means of having people reflect on those heroes before they get the game

Remebrance/Veterans day is on the day that WW1 ended so it doesn't even greatly tie to WW2. Now if they had a Bomb Pearl Harbor game and released it on December 7th or something like that, then that might be a problem.

Besides its not as bad as when Sonic 3 turned Groundhogs day into Hedgehog day. That was very disrespectful to groundhogs.

Remebrance/Veterans day is on the day that WW1 ended so it doesn't even greatly tie to WW2. Now if they had a Bomb Pearl Harbor game and released it on December 7th or something like that, then that might be a problem.

Besides its not as bad as when Sonic 3 turned Groundhogs day into Hedgehog day. That was very disrespectful to groundhogs.

lol Hedgehog day

remembrance day is what we call veterns day in canada for all you apple pie lovers jkjk

and remembrance day isn't just to remember ww 1 it's for all wars that have happened.

i guess that it just bothers me cause it seems disrespectful,but w/e

Actually according to Wiki Remebrance is what every country but the U.S.A. calls the holiday.
And yeah its to celebrate all veterans (which is probably why its called veterans day here) but the date is on the aniversery of the end of WW1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom