Changing specific speaker output to another output channel?

Mr_FJ

Beta member
I have a 5,1 speaker system that I'm rather fond of (I also can't afford a new one right now), but my right speaker just died :( I think I may have broken a wire inside the cord, or the connector that plugs into the sub woofer, may be the problem. Now before you ask, yes the on/off button and volume control is on the right speaker, and those still work fine. I wish I could fix the right speaker, but I don't see that happening :( I also can't get a replacement part (It's from 2008), or even buy the same set if I wanted - I have searched a lot on Google.

So my question is: Since I don't really care about the center speaker, I was thinking of moving that to the right - Can I switch the specific output of the center speaker, to the right output? I hope you understand what I mean :)

- Creative SBS 580 surround sound 5.1 set.
- Windows 7.
- On-board sound
- Realtek HD audio drivers.
- Switching the cables isn't an option as the right speaker uses a special cable.

Whatever sound card you have, there should be an option in Realtek control center or similar where you can do that.

Whatever sound card you have, there should be an option in Realtek control center or similar where you can do that.

I can't find one :(

Her are all the settings I have in Realtek HD Audio Manager:
db301daea2e38bc1ed4772dad11551f6055b390c21282067355bd85eba370bfe6g.jpg

Usually normal software can't do this. You would have to physically switch the speakers by plugging the wire into the other speaker, but since you said the plugs are special.. you would either have to splice the old ends on a cable that has one end for the center speaker and one end for the right speaker (to plug into the main unit).

Back
Top Bottom