Cant Access internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastercheif1231

Baseband Member
Hey, I have just built a new computer and I get everything set up and I cant get online through Internet explorer. Under device manager it has a yellow question mark that says PCI Simple Communications controller under other devices. When I go to update driver it says that the hardware cant be installed because it cant find the necessary software. This is odd because I have downloaded and installed all of the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers website and the yellow mark is still there. I am using a Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI PRO motherboard too by the way. In network connections I only have one connection. It's a 1394 connection. I thought I was suppose to have a local area connection also. Also when I try to install the NAM (Network Access Manager) it says the NVIDIA Hardware/drivers cannot be found and then it closes the installer. Does this mean I have a bad motherboard? Everything else works just fine except for the internet. If someone could please help me, I would be grateful. Thank You!

Ping 127.0.0.1 : This will tell you if your NIC is functioning.
1394 is a Firewire connection.

You need to get that error in your DM taken care of asap.
Can you check out the manufacturers website ?
Do you have a disk that came with the MOBO ?

yea that ping thing worked: 4 packets sent and 4 received but
I went to the manufacturers website and downloaded all of the drivers and when i try to update the unknown device called PCI Simple Communications Controller it just keeps saying it cant find the right software for it.

Well those drivers didnt work either... When I try to install the NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager it says that "NVIDIA Hardware/Drivers not found". I have downloaded all of the drivers for my motherboard and chipsets and everything else i can think of, and still nothing works. I think I just have a broken ethernet port. It still has that yellow mark in the device manager that says PCI Simple Communications Controller. And it still says that the hardware could not be installed because it could not find the necessary software. So do you think I have a broken ethernet port too?

This is a modem problem apparently :

open the tower and take out the modem PCI. Than put it back in and make sure its in firmly. reconnect your comp and if your running XP the comp should automatically recognize the modem.

Do you have the modem CD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom