Can someone check something for me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does that do when it comes to an xbox exactly? I haven't reformatted a hard drive before i don't think..:p

Does it lose all it's data Including the nXE update?

I'd call the xbox 1-800 number and they'll walk you through it. Yes, you will lose everything, but it should reset you back to default and get your missing file back. You'll just have to download the nxe update again.

well I'm in the UK and when i ring our number i get a robot women for a little while, an american one mind you. It's weird because it knows what you say to an extent, like it asked me to say " xbox live" or " hardware" etc. Also pressed loads of buttons and hashes...

Finally i get put through to India...with people i can barely here because the signal sucks and they have no idea what their even doing apart from asking how to spell my name Joe and saying " so your xbox live content will not play?" " NO, i can't acces xbox live marketplace". " so your content wont work after download?". "...forget it".

seriously maybe i'll just try it.

OK reformatting nope now i have even less files( only system file i have is avatar data) it seems although everything is the same, not in a good way i mean marketplace still wont work.

Which is worse now because it probably means i wont be able to download updates for my games(which they had and have now lost) to play them, I'll go check though...

Right ok as some of you may know you can download things for halo 3 from the marketplace from within the halo 3 game itself, basically by clicking start when on the main screen and going to halo marketplace. I did that and it's letting we look through halo's ones and I'm downloading the map packs again, it's just i can't go on real xbox live marketplace just halo's little custom one.

That's very odd, Joeyboy. I'd keep trying xbox customer service until you get somebody who knows what they are doing. The problem you are having has got to have a pretty easy fix.

Sorry the reformat didn't work out for you.

not a problem mate i had nothing useful saved that isn't still recorded on my joe2005(xbox live ranks).

I'll try ringing again i guess, is there no way to speak to someone in England? guess not if their outsourcing

I've tried googling but it seems no one has had my problem and it isn't covered in the FAQ.

thats very werid indeed. imeven confused on this one. maybe you'll have to delete your current xbox live account and go trough the hassle of re-setting another one up,, but that should be the very last thing you do.

I have a question. Were you able to access the marketplace on this xbox ever in the past? Is this a new problem or a problem you have had since you purchased this xbox?

As far as I know, he can reformat his hard drive, and recover his account, when setting live back up, just click, existing live member, and it should do a recovery of your account.

I have a question. Were you able to access the marketplace on this xbox ever in the past? Is this a new problem or a problem you have had since you purchased this xbox?

aye I've had the old girl since basically when 360's came out. I have downloaded lots of content before and I am almost 100% sure it's the NXE update that has ****ed up the marketplace data file( well deleted it without updating it, it seems).

Only weird thing like i said is if i go and play halo 2, then press start at the halo 3 main screen and go to Bungies personal marketplace, i can download things. Only halo of course.

Also to the other question, I've tried a reformatting and yes i recovered my account but it didn't help, neither did clearing cache.

Tried to ring again but i got another Indian bloke who i could barely make out all he kept saying was " sir you must delete your content and re-download it, then it will play for you". i was like " NO I CANT DOWNLOAD CONTENT, CANT ACCESS MARKETPLACE!!!". " no sir you must re-download content then it will work"... PHONE DOWN before i shouted the poor guys head off. It's not their fault they will just have a few automatic answers to give, i doubt any of them have even seen an xbox 360 tbh let alone gone on a course about how to fix them.:rolleyes:

oh gosh, right ok google it and there is a code you enter, you go to to system and hard drive, click Y on the hard drive option not x. Then when your at the next menu/screen press the following buttons on your controller:

X,X, LB, RB, X, X

then you get a message asking if you want to do maintenance on your console, press yes, and your cache is cleared.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom