California Profitional Permit???!!!!????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, was just making a seperate comment. I don't see why you'd "hope" someone is driving manual. Although I do prefer stick myself I wouldn't have wanted to use it for my driving test.

Nubius said:
I know, was just making a seperate comment. I don't see why you'd "hope" someone is driving manual. Although I do prefer stick myself I wouldn't have wanted to use it for my driving test.

Can you pass the test with an auto then drive manual?

Can you pass the test with an auto then drive manual?
Yeah, I'm assuming you're asking because there, there's some law that says you need to take a seperate test or something if you drive an auto during the test but want to drive a manual later? Cause here there is no such law. You get in a car, pass the test and you get your license, nothing more than that. Doesn't matter if you use manual or auto first.

Nubius said:
Yeah, I'm assuming you're asking because there, there's some law that says you need to take a seperate test or something if you drive an auto during the test but want to drive a manual later? Cause here there is no such law. You get in a car, pass the test and you get your license, nothing more than that. Doesn't matter if you use manual or auto first.

obviously you have realized that here:

Manual = Manual and Auto

Auto = Just Auto

You need to pass the test in a man to drive one.

I like it better your way for sure!

Nubius said:
I don't really see how this is a question. If the california law book says 15 1/2 then there's no way around that, simple as that. Your parents should know, or if anything, call the DMV and ask them. Forums in which it's a bunch of people who might have just gotten their license themself PLUS most are from a myriad of states and even countries here so very few will know californias laws.

Besides, the thought of a 15 1/2 year old driving is scary enough muchless wanting to get on the road even earlier.

has nothing to do with getting your license. If anything I'd suggest manual only because unless you're just thoroughly used to it and even maybe then, most people are a bit nervous during the test so you might make some stupid mistakes.

As far as the driver ED goes you will be required to get in like 6 hours of behind the wheel driving with the instructor as well as some class time, plus of course passing a few tests. Been so long though I forgot how long that whole process even lasts.

Agreed. There is to many young kids on the roads these days, I'm going to get my license when I feel like I really need to drive, but right now I don't, and even if I did the most I could get is a permit. I don't understand why people my age are so incredibly anxious to drive, you can't even drive friends around for six months after you get it, and you have to pay for your gas, which costs a lot of money over a long period of time, ****, even a tank of gas costs 60 bucks these days.

Just my opinion.

obviously you have realized that here:

Manual = Manual and Auto

Auto = Just Auto

You need to pass the test in a man to drive one.

I like it better your way for sure!
Yeah that definitely sucks. Was wondering why you'd hope for someone to test with a manual =/ In a way that's not a bad law, and I can see the reasoning behind it, but I'm glad I didn't have to do that, because the only manual we have is my dads truck. It's a 3 speed with a heavy duty clutch and it's year is 1984. It's definitely not a learners kind of truck, but if you learn on that, you can drive any manual.

I think one should be able to spell "provisional" before he is allowed to get the provisional permit.

Anywho, I get my license in two weeks! (I waited way too long. I turn 17 in a month.)

"You's a big lady when you back dat @$$ up You's a big fine momma when she back ...."

talldude123 said:
i am probably the dumbest person on earth

i am 17, turning 18 in 5 months, and havent tried to get my license yet.

maybe when i grad...
Drive when ever the **** you wan't to. I'm soo glad i din't live in california. I almost flipped out like That dave chipelle (or whatever) guy.

I hate that place. If anyone drives there, I promise that they will get into some kind of car accident. People drive so **** wierd out there, where the drive slow and wierd at the same time. When they drive that slow in fast lanes, you never know when they are going to throw on their brakes!! And some kind of retard made the roads in Aneheim. :rolleyes:

:cool:

I hate that place. If anyone drives there, I promise that they will get into some kind of car accident. People drive so **** wierd out there, where the drive slow and wierd at the same time. When they drive that slow in fast lanes, you never know when they are going to throw on their brakes!! And some kind of retard made the roads in Aneheim.
Pretty much. I've learned to become a good defensive driver by living out here. Just the other day some person in the middle lane decided to cross over infront of me into the fast lane and were they going fast? Nope......were they about to make a left handed turn thus justifying them getting into the left hand lane. Nope, there was no dang reason to get over there except to annoy me apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom