Cable modem PC Laptop networking problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoesup12

Beta member
I am using Windows XP Home on both computers. Using a Webster Modem (supplied by Charter) I am able to connect to the internet. My service is Charter.net.

Using an SMC Barricade Turbo Router and a SMC Easy Connect 11 MBPS Wireless PC card for my laptop I am unable to connect to the internet.

The cable from my PC is plugged into the router at the #3 slot. The cable from my modem is plugged into the #1 slot. No cable is plugged into the "Internet WAN" slot.

Again my PC is able to connect to the internet. I am trying to get my laptop to connect to the internet using the router and PC card mentioned above.

On my PC, under network connections (LAN or High Speed Internet) I see:
1394 Connection (1394 Adapter) which is connected / firewalled. Also, on my PC I see a Local Area Connection, which is connected / firewalled.

On my Laptop, under network connections (LAN or High Speed Internet) I see:
Wireless Network, firewalled, network connection enabled - SMC EZ connect...
and 1394 connection - disabled (1394 net adapter).

Can you tell me the solution to this problem such that my laptop can connect
to the internet???

Please help.

Have you tried to put the cable between the router & modem into the WAN slot on the router? That is where it would typically go.

Please go on your laptop, and open a command prompt (START > RUN > 'CMD' > 'IPCONFIG /ALL' From there, please list the inform that the laptop gives....

IP ADDRESS
SUBNET MASK
DEFAULT GATEWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom